The One Motorcycle Show

there were a handful of cool bikes but way too many guys with skinny jeans, red wing work boots, beanies and beards ( not that there is anything wrong with any of that) just a little overly trendy for my taste seemed like a lot of people where there because it was the cool place to be for the weekend but hey that's Portland haha. All in all pretty good show I enjoyed walking through the bikes parked out on the street even more than the show. I did think it was pretty cool how many woman riders where there, don't see that very often where I live, even saw a little boy there with just his mom and when it was over she hopped on her ural, and the boy got into the sidecar and they road off together. Kinda cool to see a mom take her kid to a motorcycle show just the too of them. Anyways good show, I will continue to go every year probably, hopefully with just a few less hipsters haha

I warned you....see my post above (#9), LOL.

I've been to the last four shows. Well worth the trip to view. It is an eclectic group of people especially coming from a guy like me approaching 70 but I enjoy bikes and what garage builders are doing the outside show is as good as those making the cut to be inside. I here BMW new scrambler will there to be the first place to see it.

There were a lot of great bikes there! Here's one of the XS's.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 198
Okay XS friends, I attended "the one motorcycle show" too. Firstly, the lack of XS's in any form was surprising. Secondly, the location was terrible with poor parking. There on, the crowd scene is embarrasing to an old "normal" folk like myself who grew up in Rural Oregon ... "Mad Max" meets "Gay Liberal" street look causes conversation strife ! Bikes were fun to look at as there are some quite expensive show bikes to find among the hand crafted patina rat scooters which are all over Portland, a city which does Not represent myself "TimeMachine" at all ! Had to cut the show quick empty handed of any XS stuff and go. thx, RT

Odd...many years back, the first year of the show in fact come to think of it, it was mostly XS650's.

Brats mostly...the favorite amongst Hipsters with cut of wheels at the time.

Maybe the times have changed and they've moved on to other stylings?

That or the supply of old, affordable XS650's is drying up because of hoarders like myself buying em up and saving them for future street tracker / dual sport projects! lol

Back