The perfect BS34 float pin removal tool

birdog4549

81 XS-H Special II
Reaction score
I found this idea here but I am here to tell you it works GREAT! SpecificallyRadio Shacks 5" "nippy cutter" is a small side cutter that has a flat bottom. You just fit them around the large end of the pin and squeeze. It snaps the pin out for a no brainier removal. You don't run the risk of damaging the post and I can't imagine a slicker removal tool. The best part is the flat side that allows you to edge under the close distance between the pin and post. Regular side cutters usually have a slight taper that hinders getting under the close fit of the pin. Tool number is 6400064 and was about $7.00. Awesome! Hope this helps someone.

Sounds good!
Pic of the right? tool

71WTbaqeKOL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4917

for other pin removal tools and techniques. I modded my "c-clamp" a bit since then, I flush cut the end of the screw drilled a hole in it and fit the shank of a small drill bit as a "push pin" Have used it on many carbs now, some were very ugly, all the pins have come out never hurt a delicate tower or marred up a pin.

Those pictures look like the right thing. The flat bottom is what let me get close and lift the head away from the post. I googled radio shack 6400064 and it shows the nippy cutter for $7.49 but says they are out. There was one on ebay but the pictures look like it is just a different brand name for the same thing. Unfortunately I will get to use them again as I now think I have a flooded float on the right because when I turn on the fuel it starts to pour out the right carb

Back