The slow and unsteady VI swingarm bobber build

TwanyXS1Bs, thanks for the reply. I pulled and inspected the tappet adjusters but they all look good, no chipping or pitting. FWIW, I've using the mikes adjusters since last summer. I don't recall if I had the ticking beforehand. I replaced the originals because they're a PITA to adjust without the tool.

I spent the kiddos nap time today re-installing the original tappet adjusters. I should get a chance to fire her up tomorrow and see if going back to the Mikes parts were to blame.

Posted via Mobile

Haven't had a chance to get back in the garage until now. I'm still getting the ticking with the stock adjusters but they appear to all still be adjusted to spec so I'll be reinstalling the ones from mikes.

Now I need to decide where to go next. If it's the rockers or cam, what could be causing the play/noise? Can the cam to rocker contact point wear out and cause excessive noise? And if so, how muck of a concern is it?

Posted via Mobile

I do not, but I've used the old school method. Seems to be coming from the front top end, but I don't have the educated ear to tell exactly what it is.

Posted via Mobile

Back