The Supermoon is Upon Us

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
The moon is currently reaching a distance closest to the Earth than ever seen since 1948, producing a supersized supermoon. However, on Sunday night Dec. 4, the moon will still shine 16% brighter and appear 7% larger than its usual size.

Supermoon%252011%25203_1478154537148_147210_ver1.0_15524952_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

This supermoon will be the first in the series of three consecutive full moon supermoons, the next two to occur in January.

The distance between the moon and Earth constantly changes. Each time the moon orbits the Earth, every 29.5 days, it will reach a close point to the Earth (perigee), and a far point (apogee), and occasionally, the close point will be close to the date of the full moon or new moon, a supermoon.

Clear skies in Cardiff, the Moon is up and bright. It has lit up the jet trails in the sky. I guess someone thought night time was best for "Chemtrails" so the public would not see, but they forgot the moon........

Clear skies in Cardiff, the Moon is up and bright. It has lit up the jet trails in the sky. I guess someone thought night time was best for "Chemtrails" so the public would not see, but they forgot the moon........
I will be watching from a spot that is just 10 miles from Cardiff, NY, which was named after your city in Wales. (perhaps you saw my posting about the Cardiff Giant).

I bet there is somebody in Cardiff Australia reminiscing about how the moon was extra large last night, but the view was partially obscured by "Chemtrails".

Dude: you are an encyclopedia of interesting and worthwhile knowledge.

I just toddled out to check and the moon isn’t up quite yet, but in a few hours, I’ll be out on my deck in Windsor Ontario on Canada’s Southern Coast, watching the super moon.

It is about 36 degrees (Frankenberry or about +3 Chocula) and the conditions are calm and dry - so a nice cosy sweater and a glass of port will keep me warm.

Despite all the crazy and bad stuff happening in the world, life is pretty darned good.

Thanks for the heads-up my friend!

Pete

Dude: you are an encyclopedia of interesting and worthwhile knowledge.

I just toddled out to check and the moon isn’t up quite yet, but in a few hours, I’ll be out on my deck in Windsor Ontario on Canada’s Southern Coast, watching the super moon.

It is about 36 degrees (Frankenberry or about +3 Chocula) and the conditions are calm and dry - so a nice cosy sweater and a glass of port will keep me warm.

Despite all the crazy and bad stuff happening in the world, life is pretty darned good.

Thanks for the heads-up my friend!

Pete
"Despite all the crazy and bad stuff happening in the world, life is pretty darned good"

Well stated, my friend !

Sitting out under the stars is a great way to put one's difficulties, limitations and trials into perspective. Our ancestors have been sitting under those same stars since time began and none of us are aware of many of their concerns now - so why should we expect that anyone will care about our issues in the future.

I am not a very religious person, but I do believe that we should strive to live our lives honorably, kindly and well - to the greatest extent possible - now - because now, is really all that matters.

I've just spent 90 minutes helping Daughter #3 with an essay for her Masters in Library & Information Science and so now, I am going to put on my sweater, get that glass of port and toddle outside for a good sit-down.

Cheers and have a good evening my friends,

Pete

Sitting out under the stars is a great way to put one's difficulties, limitations and trials into perspective. Our ancestors have been sitting under those same stars since time began and none of us are aware of many of their concerns now - so why should we expect that anyone will care about our issues in the future.

I am not a very religious person, but I do believe that we should strive to live our lives honorably, kindly and well - to the greatest extent possible - now - because now, is really all that matters.

I've just spent 90 minutes helping Daughter #3 with an essay for her Masters in Library & Information Science and so now, I am going to put on my sweater, get that glass of port and toddle outside for a good sit-down.

Cheers and have a good evening my friends,

Pete
stonehenge-at-night-155786018.jpg

Re: #13....We left a few of them there....but only the lower half stayed when the upper half too the 2 astronauts back to the command module. I can still recall that night in July '69 hearing on the radio the landing on the moon. I was starting my first Boy Scout summer Camp. Camp Garland.
I went to look at the moon tonight. Saw it through light clouds. Bright but small..And it's cool tonight...
Yes. I do believe we went there.

Last edited:
Back