The Supermoon is Upon Us

I think a lot of people don't believe it because they never in all the news coverage talk about how it's done. For example the temperatures are such that the space suit would have to keep you comfortable if you were submerged in boiling water. Or why does the capsule re-enter heat shield first instead of spinning like a rock. And so on. So it's the fault of the media. I like to read personal accounts of astronauts, like one of them spent the whole time fixated on what would happen to him if the window blew out... And a lot of them will say things like oh, you're too busy to think about that, when you ask about things like philosophical effects. But could anyone really avoid that? Kind of strange, really. Strange effects maybe.

....and they never did bring any cheeze back !!!

54b2cc7accc55e98674aa83--vintage-moon-tattoo-ideas.jpg

BTW Dude. As a result of your thread, I too have spent more time tonight staring at the moon than ever before. With a glass of Montepulciano of course.
Tried to capture a pic using my pretty good cell phone camera and my cheapie digital camera. Just saved yours. Great pic!

I think a lot of people don't believe it because they never in all the news coverage talk about how it's done.
To which I would reply to them that just because you don't understand the science, doesn't mean it's not real....
If you're not gonna believe in something, at least do some research so you understand what you're not believing.
Glad to hear you're not one of them:)

I don't have enough understanding to believe it. Since I don't understand it, the only reason I believe it is I understand it would be impossible to fake it and keep that faking secret :)

My wife and I drove north from Cincinnati to Columbus Sunday night. The farm fields are flat and the road straight. We saw this huge orange ball sitting on the interstate! What the heck is that? It looks like a huge glowing pumpkin. I've seen large harvest moon's but that moon was so huge it looked like it would hit the earth.
Tom

Back