The "Thank You" Thread

TeeCat

One-Mik Wonder
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a minute - and I'm sure I speak for all of us here - to make sure that Travis knows how much I appreciate all of his efforts to give us this Grade-A home on the web, as well as thank the owner of, and participants in, the former 650rider.com, without whom this might not have been possible. Also, I'd like to extend my thanks to each and all of those here who have helped me with my bike from day one.

Deepest gratitude to all! :)

TC

i third this one, travis is a hell of a guy and runs the best forum on the web as far as im conscerned. i also like that this forum, unlike some of the others, seems to keep a fairly calm and positive vibe. even with teebs as a member! ;) love ya buddy!

Travis and Teebs what a pair! Travis keeps it straight and Teebs makes sure he will never be out of a job!
Thanks Trav!

thanks to us all!!! We help were we can. travis especially.
In the beginnings I offered to help mod in the evenings, others did too, but he insisted its no big deal.

Last night I took a 50 mile ride and today at work I was thinking this very thought. How grateful I am to have had all the help with my recent electrical trouble. Thank you travis and most of all thank you pamcopete! Pamco ignition is PERFECT and all other electrical trouble is behind me at the moment. Too many others to mention..wish we could get together for a cold one on me!

Yeah, I wanna thank these guys too for an awesome site and tons of people helping others. I don't post much, but do browse a lot on here for issues people have and in turn helps me with my build that I have been slacking. Thanks guys you all do a kick ass job.

Thank you Travis. If not..... Thank you to all you other riders. If not for ya'all I'd not be as close to a RIDE (the 6 blocks a couple of weeks ago don't count) as I am, 5 weeks !!!
Broke my hand last week. 5 weeks and an hour or 2, I'll be in the wind.
Thanks to all

wish we could have done this when xs john was still with us......he'd get a kick out of us....fusin' for nuthin'.....miss him.........Ran across a Pm from travis awhile ago, stating that out of 15 posts deleeted 1/2 were john's.... do you remember?... when xstwins left for a while?....

No thank you!! Without all of you guys (and gal or two) we wouldn't have much a site here would we? I appreciate everyone making this thing easy to handle and appreciate all the effort that has gone into the build threads, tech articles, and everyone helping everyone out. It's the members that make this place great.

Angus, yeah to be honest with you, except for a few of john's political threads in the beginning when he was seeing what he could get away with, there hasn't been much to clean up except for the occasional spammer. Like I said, thanks to everyone for making it easy. :cheers:

I want to add a thank you littlebill for all the how-to threads you have done (are doing)!
And 5twins for his tireless efforts to steer users down the path of righteousness in carburation. Two thumbs up to both of you!

Many thanks. Without these resources XS650's would be way more expensive, and with them well...they certainly help the market!

It IS a good site, but there's 2 things I'd do different.

1) use SMF software, and

2) have a specific, request only, forum for discussing politics, philosophy and religion.

Both of the forums (650rider.com and xs650.com) have helped me a lot AND I give back by having a small paypal deduction that goes toward supporting the site. So put your money where your mouth is if this place has helped you. $10 every 3 months is deducted from my paypal account to help . Cmon less than $4 a MONTH? Just my two cents...
It's the members that make this place great.
Saw my XSJohn patch the other day and was thinking about him ...

How to contribute.
http://www.xs650.com/about.php

Thanks all. I would like to thank the forum, as a whole, for being cooporative and professional, to some extent, lol. It's nice to see positive remarks to members questions and not a "you dumbass" remark. I've stated before that some other forums are just plain rude to new members and to each other.
You can always not reply or, at least, read, edit, read, before you click the "post" button.
Thanks all for making this a great, fun and informative site.

Slightly belated Happy New Year to all!

On Sunday, the first day of 2012, it was an unseasonal 57 degrees and sunny here in Maryland, so I took the Ninja 250R and the TX out to loosen them up a little bit after having been away for the Holidays. I have said it before, and I'll say it again: when I ride the TX these days, I feel as if all of those here who have helped me get her back on the road are with me in spirit. It seemed somehow symbolic - and hopefully prophetic - that I enjoyed the bike so much on the first day of a New Year. Predictable, reliable starting, stable (though delightfully cammy) idle, great shifting, and generally satisfying performance... this is what I have worked for these last four years. And I have been in the best possible company. Every penny and every minute invested seems worth it. Thanks to all once again!

TC

Back