The Water Witch

.... hay do you think I should re set those floats in the bike to 22m from 27mm ?

Man, I wish that my albums hadn't been damaged from the forum software upgrade. So much text data lost. Anyway, referencing this entry on float bowl capacity (plus the next two entries):

http://www.xs650.com/media/xs1b-car...mm-level-means-that-each-1mm-dif.23305/#media

Means that your missing 5mm of fuel height translates to a 12.7cc loss of fuel. And, for both carbs, totaling about 25cc of missing fuel. Now, suppose that you've got a healthy XS650, getting 50mpg, and you're traveling at 60mph. You're consuming about 60/50 gallons per hour (1.2 gph). Which is about 4542.5cc per hour, 75.7cc per minute. That missing 25cc represents 1/3 minute (20 seconds) of ride time.

So, what that means is, imagine that you shut off the petcocks while at that 60mph cruise. After 20 seconds you'll be at the fuel level that your 27mm setting gives you. Is it starting to feel like it's leaning out on you? Probably. The original total capacity of the carb bowls usually gives you about a minute of ride time, but you'll feel the leanness well before they go dry...

Had a "feeling" that you Bob, from Mt.Shasta country could understand .. ya, this Irish/ German is only a native in spirit ! But very in touch with the outdoors and those treasures ! Thx, Bob Kelly 111 enjoy it

20140613_172044.jpg
ancient island...

When I would go target shooting, I always gathered the brass. Then, I got involved with a bunch of flintknappers, learning knapping, how to find/id flint and arrowheads in the field.

I have an ancient aboriginal flint quarry out in the back section. Some sample findings:

AboriginalFlint.jpg 2M-Ranch03.jpg

Now, when I go target shooting, I can't find my brass.

OK 2M I get the hint it could be eather way but..... best to set'em right .....i agree One more time with the carbs ( and yah I can put'em on and take them off pirty fast now ! LOL)
that is definately an Old coral outcropping isn't it ! that is soooo Kool ...if I owned that I would dig a house into the side of it and live happly ever after in my nice warm cave !!!!
looks like a hand axe in the upper right of the first pic...someone must'a cut a tree for something a long time ago .... those are definately someones handywork that's for sure .... in the right picture that looks kind'a like brown obsidian or churt we don't have that over here just the black glassy stuff I did find a arrow head made from slate one time I had a 3'x3' piece of plywood with it full of arrowheads ...don't remember what became of that but it probably went up in smoke like everything else did I even found a White quarts arrowhead it was my pride and joy ! only one I ever seen like it ! Quarts ain't easy to work but that o'l feller did a great job on it ! .... dunno how he did it..... but it looked like it wa knapped like the other arrow heads...but how do you Knapp Quarts ? it crumbles ! LOL i guess he found the perfect piece to work !!!! ..... I guess it could have been white churt I've hurd Churt comes in all kinds of colors.... but how did it get way over here churt is an Application Mountians product isn't it ?
any way..... TM that's all it takes ...we all have the ability we just don't use it in our busy lives usually.... what scares the heck out of me is preminitions
and they usually happen those are weird !!!! but when I get'em I pay attention to'em !!!!! like I'll take the other road to town today !
or maybe that hairstanding on the back of your neck is for a reason stupid you almost put your hand into the saw !!!!!!!
LOL over 50 years of working around power saws, table saws and the like never had a problem moved up here and I touched my thumb to the saw blade for a split second My newly regained respect for that saw blade should do me for at least another 100 years !!!!! man that hurt ! gott'a scar on my thumb that reminds me every time i turn on that saw now ! LOL..... that one came out'a the blue never saw it comming
if you tune in to your surroundings it is amaziing what you discover.... you start noticing that the cats talk to one another, the dogs use more body language and the cows just don't give a shit about you ! where's my dinner Human ? Horses are special their like people but Loyal as the day is long
if a horse hates you stay the F away from him or else ! their very perseptive and will come nuzzle ya if your sad or want to play if your happy....
2000lb animal playing is alwayse a Kick to watch !
i am totally convinced by my own experiences that there is no such thing as a dumb animal ask yourself what would you do if you were in that body
with no vocal cords no hands and no schooling.... probably the same thing !!!!!!
see what happens if ya get me rambling ........I'll write a frigging book ! LOL
Sorry !
Bob...........

There's a spot on my property down in the holler that I've found a few stone points. It's as if the ancient hunters would set themselves up on the side of the ridge and wait for game to travel down in the bottom. One of the points would be considered an archaic arrowhead as its not very long or heavy, the others may fall into the atlatl dart points as they're a little too big to have been on an arrow. I try to imagine how far up the side of the ridge they would have to be for good kill shots down below, i might just find the spot one of these days. I found a clunker point down there too. A clunker would be a point being made and something just didnt work out right in the process so they just threw it away. If I could find where that knapper was sitting! A few hundred yards up from this spot is the spring.
They say that the Ohio Rver Valley is one of the most continuously inhabited areas in the country, mebbe. I did find a blade up on the ridge top not far from the house that according to experts may date eight thousand years before present. It was down about a foot below surface in a root ball from a pushed over tree. There's a small mound down by the river a few miles away in the flat, rich bottom lands. Up here in the hills there aren't many flat places for any villages but the spring could supply small hunter camps.
Yep, unnamed Paleolithic hunters traveling along the glacial edge all the way up to historical tribes before removal.

Premonitions and déjà vu.
Consider this, everybody dreams. Our dreams for the most part are mundane, filled with people we oft times don't even know and situations that are uneventful. Every experience in your life is recorded, every dream and thought too. The physical experiences of our existence are easily recalled but not so much the dreams, unless they were exceptional in nature and gave you a physical response, and even less so the thoughts that run through your head on any given day.
When we moved out here to Hoosierland I was having a lot of deja vu. I finally realized that I had actually dreamt of these people and these situations way before our move, however in the dreams the situations were mundane and the people were unknown to me at the time.
So, time and times arrow exists for the physical universe but doesn't exist for our spirits. Dreams put us in the spirit world, and in the spirit world there is no time, there is no past or future, just a constant now. All that you have been, and will be, exists there, for if this is not so how do we explain these déjà vu experiences, dream fulfillment and premonitions?
.......and free will or predetermined destiny? Forrest Gump summed it all up at the end of the film........lol

Premonitions, I can't say I've ever noticed them but I have no doubt that they can happen. I have used various cutting tools all of my life, I still have all of my fingers and am never scared of any tool. One day I was going to use my air powered cut-off tool and had an overwhelming thought of cutting off a finger with it, I've never had this tool make any serious kick backs. Well, I put on some gloves just in case and started my cut. As soon as I started to cut the guard fell off of the tool, stress cracked metal. There was no way that I was going to cut without the guard after that.

Scott

Back