The weight of PMA and Pamco

Lasper01

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
This question is probably most for Hugh and PamcoPete, but every input is welcome :)

The thing is.. I live in Denmark, Europe, and when buying something shipped from the US we have to pay tax.. way to much tax :(

So I have an idea :) I have a friend who lives in New York and he is visting Denmark soon.. I will try to talk him into take Hughs PMA and a PAMCO home to me :)

In this regard, I would like to know how much these thing weighs so I can convince him to do it :)

And this is to the scandinavian guys: Have any of you bought anything fra the US? And how much extra did you have to pay in tax?

Thanks

the pamco is very light, maybe a few ounces. The PMA setup complete is probably right around 8 lbs.
Do you pay high tax based on value? What about gifts, is the tax high on those as well?

Thank you!
Yes, I have to pay both tax and VAT for the parts.. Im not sure but I think is the same with gifts..
But if Im wrong and any one from Scandinavian knows the rules they are welcome to comment :)

Now my friend is willing to bring a pamco home to me.. but he's only carrying a hand luggage.. Do you think he can get though the security with the coils and plugs and cables? Im nervous that they will think is some kind of bomb.. and take it from him. Am I way off or could that happen?

If the TSA didn't peg that as some sort of device I'd be worried.

Heck, even the PAMCO looks suspicious.

You'd be better to take a cruise home on a freighter and ask if you can bring a crate of parts home with you. The ports aren't nearly as worried about stuff going out as stuff going in.

Back