this forum

So far, this is turning out to be better than 650Rider, just hate we lost all the back posts, they had a lot of useful info in them. Now if we can keep the little men with the big chips on their shoulders at bay, we'll have a winner.

Kill-joy,

Some of it should be attributed to the holidays and everything being over. All forums are slow down a little during December, especially motorcycle forums.

We're all here to learn from others. Respect the other guys or gals viewpoint, even if you don't agree with it. Don't take ourselves too seriously, and above else have fun...............humour is the best medicine:D

I wonder with so much traffic if some time one or two more sections might help. The garage is too chopped up but some basic divisions might help find info. But I guess thats what the tech section is there for :umm:

@ Curt698

Check out this outstanding board with only one real main discussion forum and it has almost a 4 million posts in that one forum category! http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/ Members there have learned to look past the first page and use the search tool efficiently. I'm not saying things will be that grouped together here, but the more categories, the more work for forum staff to move things around. And what if a thread doesn't fit into any one category but more like 3? Then you might say have an 'everything else' category but then it might just get skipped over. There are lots of good reason to split things up, and lots of good reasons to keep it all together. We'll figure it out. :cheers:

Just another thought on that. I've been kind of working on a way (well thinking about how it work anyway) to categorize threads where you can put them into more than one category and change them at anytime. We'll see if I can make something like that work... I'm not much for a programmer but I'm learning! Anyone good with PHP, MySQL, and all that stuff?

I've looked into a little bit and it should be very easy to do with the tag system we already have, I'll just have to tweak it a little bit. So I'll give it a go sometime soon and see how everyone likes it! Very busy right now with the 650rider thing so give me a couple of weeks.

Back