This is good right.

Dozuki

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't find my last post so here is what I have on the engine. 1 it is very heavy and hard to move around:doh: and 2 when I push down on the kick starter I can hear the pistons moveing and hear it sucking in air. I am hoping hopping hopeing that it can be saved:D. Am I right or am I deluding myself.

Paul

well that means it's not locked up, now if it doesn't have quarter sized holes thru the tops of the pistons things are looking better

well I guess that is the next thing I will have to check on then. I don't think there are any holes I was told that when it was parked it ran but backfired every now and then. I will have to do some research on how to get at the pistons. I have the clymers manuel so i will have to look it up.

You don't need to get at the pistons at this point. Check 'er compression if you want to, then put 'er in and start 'er up. Or get the cow back.

Mainly because I am an idiot and wanted to rebuild it since i was told it needed the rings replaced and thought. What the hell how hard can it be to do.

In that case rip 'er apart. Carefully. I thought you'd bought a new motor for it and were wondering about it.

No this the Original engine and I think it's to late to get the cow back. So I am going to put up a table to work on in the shed and get to it.

Mainly because I am an idiot and wanted to rebuild it since i was told it needed the rings replaced and thought. What the hell how hard can it be to do.
not a problem then you'll be able to check everything, wouldn't hurt to replace the cam chain and guide anyway along with the rings... zen out, become one with the motorcycle oooooommmmmm

Just follow the steps in the manual. Take pics of everything. Bag and label everything.
The labels to know what the parts are. The pics to see where they go.

I am going out this weekend and getting some sandwich bags, sandwich and gallon size and a black marker. That will be after I set up my table to do the disection on.
Thanks for the tip XSLeo. I will also have the manual living on the table. I am going to need a long extension cord and a heater. Wow is it cold right now.

I like to write lables on a paper then put it in the bag. When I write it on the bags, it gets wiped off. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Back