Those pesky hard to find allen bolt's

Gordon

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey you guy's,
I bought some bolt's from these guy's, Bolt Depot .com, and they are great!
They are so good,and the price of all is the real bargain. Stainless allen's from the carb's to anything you need. I did have one problem, I was delivered the wrong length bolt's. Sent them an e-mail, and I had my answer in 2 hour's. Was told that the correct item's would be sent out right away, and not to bother sending back the wrong bolt's. No charge for anything on the new/ replacement bolt's. The quality is top notch, as I put some in the bilge on my boat, and no rust after 1 year. They are located in Mass. so figure your shipping time's on that. Had my stuff in 2 day's, ordered one day,came the next.
Also, there is a guy in Mo. who has an e-bay store, sold me a front rotor for my '80, for $25 plus shipping. His e-mail is dbwillisI@ yahoo.com. He has a recycle yard, and 100% feedback on e-bay. I can't seem to find his store address for ebay, Mr Fixit surplus cycles is what his store name is. Good luck, as his rotor was top notch. I figured for the $25, at least I'd have a spare. The finish on the rotor is a swirl type, and not much was taken off the rotor. Packed in that brown, oily type paper & sealed with plastic wrap.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stupid question: For that price on the rotor, you *did* make sure it's a TCI type right? I've made that mistake before. Usually the TCI's are more expensive and harder to find than the points type rotors. And while the points bikes can use the TCI rotor, the reverse is not true.

That is correct yamaman. I located these thing's about 6 month's ago, & just kept forgetting to post them up . Hopefully in enough time for people to get what they need before the weather break's. Yea, a front BRAKE rotor. OPP'S

Nice find on the bolts, I've been raiding the metric bolts from the left overs at work, but will need to get stainless instead, the black ones seem to be rusting awfully quick...

When replacing the screws on some 38's the allen head screws are about 2 rounds too long and will hit the body of the carb before tightening the bowl. If you are replacing don't get to looking to hard at the bottom, cause when they hit the carb body the next thing they do is pull the threads out of the carb body. This misstep can be heli-coiled but save yourself the problems and lay the screw next to the body to eyeball it.
Cutting them shorter is cheaper than fixing an oops.

Back