Thoughts on mc speakers, anyone use...

joebgd

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
If I want music when I ride I put in one ear bud so I can hear around me.
I can't imagine a speaker loud enough to hear while riding. I know some bikes have them. I'm really just being curious I'll most likely stick w my ear bud. If I could have a speaker at a moderate volume and still hear it I'd consider it.

I'm running this little puppy, as is the son-in-law.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3MYKQ...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Good range and works well with his phone. My little MP4 player won't connect for some reason. Probably the player. I have these in all three of my helmets. They are a big plus for safety! This is the unit on my summer helmet. I cut off the mounting lug on all the units and use velcro. Holds real well.
LS2 Rebellion Hel.jpg
Some of these come with mini-USB and some with type 3, so look out for that.

Oh, nice, I never imagined they work so well. I'm going to look into this. I'm glad I asked now.

I use one of these helmets for longer rides. Unfortunately they have been out of stock for some time. Too bad since it is a concept that works really well.

I have a Cardo PackTalk Bold Bluetooth / dynamic mesh system in my helmet:
  • Intercom w. other riders (like you are in the car with them)
  • FM radio (six preset stations)
  • links with my phone for music / podcasts / navigation instruction and once or twice a phone call (the other party had NO idea I was riding a motorcycle while on the call)
The system is totally wireless, has awesome sound and I have no problem hearing traffic and things like sirens etc.

I’ve tried a couple of other BT systems and the PackTalk is a wee bit speedy but IMO, well worth it for the excellent audio quality. It’s totally waterproof (others like the SENA systems aren’t BTW), it’s easy to install - plus I don’t add to urban noise pollution by being yet another jerk blasting my music at people who almost certainly don’t want to hear it.

Pete

Last edited:
....as I say, they are a wee bit spendy but right now, the Cardo PackTalk is right at the top of the heap according to every single review I can find.

The feature I like the best are the voice commands. Once I turn it on,it auto-links to my phone and then I never touch any buttons till I shut it off. Here are some example commands (and they all start with “Hey Cardo” - otherwise they don’t work):
  • Hey Cardo - radio on”
  • Hey Cardo - next station”
  • “Hey Cardo - volume up (or down)”
  • “Hey Cardo - music on”
  • “Hey Cardo - next track”
  • etc.
The commands are pretty intuitive - but you must use their exact wording. If you do that they work like a charm.

Pete

Last edited:
Now for the rest of the story:
I ride most often with forum member Lakeview and occasionally also with TotalFool and while I can link to both of them, they cannot seem to link to each other, so we still have to work out that little wrinkle.

otherwise - all good.
Pete

Well, I'll be. I hope it just auto hooks to other Cardo systems and not to the cage drivers phone.

Well, I'll be. I hope it just auto hooks to other Cardo systems and not to the cage drivers phone.

No, you can only link it to one phone and you must follow a specific procedure for the initial setup link - after that the phone linkup is automatic every time you startup the PackTalk unit.

Back