Throttle Cable length

tscacadc

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am putting clipons on my new build. The throttle cables I have are too long (ape hanger bars before). What have you all done with cable length? How much off a stock cable should I take. I want to get some made so I am looking at get a specific length.

i make my own the shop down the road sells all the parts to build them may check near you not hard to do and you get exact fit your looking for. interested in selling the ones you have for the apes if so what lenth.

Not to steal your thread but I have a question on building the cable. When you build them, you flare out the cable at the end once the stop (nipple?) is on and solder the end of the cable with nonelectrical flux, correct? What would the down side be of using epoxy or jb weld instead of the solder? In my mind it would be much simpler and just as strong. Just make sure it is completely dried before installing the cable. What am I missing here. It would for sure hold the applied load, especially the end holding the cable to the carbs in the throttle cable (which is where I am looking at). What am I missing here? Im probably going to do this tonight so a quick response would be awesome haha

Back