Throttle question (Amal style single)

Milk_Jesus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I bought this throttle a while back and just got my TC bros 5"+ throttle/clutch cables yesterday. When I install the throttle cable the way I think it's supposed to be installed, the throttle is already twisted a bit. The throttle lever on the carb is already pulled up a bit when the throttle isn't being twisted. It seems to git in the throttle housing kind of strangely. Does this mean I need to modify the cable or is it the wrong cable?

I'll post some pictures tonight that may be of more help.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-handlebar-parts-chrome-single-cable-aluminum-throttle-assembly-28-0033.html

In the link you posted it says a stock cable may need modification. I might contact them. They should know how to make it work, it's their POS.
Leo

In the link you posted it says a stock cable may need modification. I might contact them. They should know how to make it work, it's their POS.
Leo

I e-mailed them and explained it this way:

"I am fitting this throttle to my 1980 xs650 running mikuni bs34 carbs.

I bought this throttle/cable package (http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p2782...ers-yamaha-xs650-extended-cables-set-5-quot-/) but when i install the cable in the throttle housing, if i don't engage the throttle some, when i tighten it all up, the throttle won't twist. the area in the throttle where the cable end snaps in doesn't clear the inside of the housing for it to turn. i have to install it with the throttle (and carb) engaged some, which would mean i can't idle. any idea how i can modify for it to fit correctly?"

to which they responded:

"Darien,
Hard for me to say without having the bike present. You might have to change out the barrel ends to a smaller barrel, so there are no clearance issues inside the throttle assembly?"

anybody got any ideas/experience?

Back