Tire Help

Tacforce650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 1980 xs bobbed out. This thing is in desperate need of tires! Just looking for some thing cost effective with good life. This thing is a bar bike so not planning long trips. Stock wheels and tire sizes. I need suggestions.....

Posted via Mobile

If it's one thing I learned from working on cars and bikes: "its easy to go fast, stopping is the hard part". I wouldn't cheap out on tires but would get something decent. A few good ones mentioned already, and it all depends on how the bike will be ridden. I have Avon Roadriders on both my '78 XS650 and '70 CB350 and have had good results for average riding and whatnot.

The Avon Roadriders and Bridgestone BT-45 are premium tires for a bike that has the suspension and rider tuned for best performance. Most will do well with the Shinko 712. I've got this thing against cheap Dunlop 404. I believe one could buy a tire that is less expensive and a better performer, like the Shinko, but I haven't tested every tire on the planet. Right now my goto tire is the Shinko 712. Motorcyclesuperstore sends them right to my door in a couple of days, and free shipping over $90!

Since your bike is "Bobbed out" the performance will be compromised anyhow so maybe you'd like a cool looking tire for the back like the Duro dual purpose in 16".

Tom

Back