tkat fork brace.....

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
i emailed the person about a fork brace and he wanted about 125bucks cash plus delivery or cheque ,,, no paypal he would have seen that i,m in australia ,,,but i never send anybody cash or cheque he wasn,t much help regards oldbiker

had the same problem,he seems fairly relible from my checking but wont send cash etc to anybody.bought a tarozzie brace from fast from the past which was cheaper and im happy with it

I bought the Tkat brace recently.. paid via check to TKat.. got it in a few days. I'd say he's reliable. I think he will ship anywhere. I believe he said he'd ship to antartica free of charge, as thats the only contient he hasn't dealt with yet. LOL. Hey, take a vacation and get free shipping.

buy one from Hugh,
http://hughshandbuilt.com/
Fork-Brace-final-300x300.jpg

i got mine from Gordon Scott (Gordonscottengineering@verizon.net)
he sent mine over to New Zealand, no worries. billed me thru paypal

................. hi i had given this 1 good thought but i don,t think it fits with a 1976 standard front chrome guard please correct me if i,m wrong regards oldbiker
...........................hi guys i live in victoria australia,,,, where by law we need a front mud guard other wise iwould be tempted to by a hugh brand ,, or gordons ,, ...regards oldbiker

I think you have a decision to make. There are a couple of schools of thought in fork brace design: The Gordon Scott, Hugh's double loop that attach to the fender mounts and the CNC piece like the TKat, Tarozzi and Omar's that attach to the grooves in the top of the lower fork that the dust boot sits in. They are two very different looks and I would consider that your first decision.

I wanted the CNC type and ran this thread a few months ago:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28450&highlight=fork+brace

Considering you are "Down There" I would not go with TKat but probably the Tarozzi, if that is the style you want. Hugh's and G. Scott are both very reputable for the other style.

Mt 2 cents as they say.

I think you have a decision to make. There are a couple of schools of thought in fork brace design: The Gordon Scott, Hugh's double loop that attach to the fender mounts and the CNC piece like the TKat, Tarozzi and Omar's that attach to the grooves in the top of the lower fork that the dust boot sits in. They are two very different looks and I would consider that your first decision.

I wanted the CNC type and ran this thread a few months ago:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28450&highlight=fork+brace

Considering you are "Down There" I would not go with TKat but probably the Tarozzi, if that is the style you want. Hugh's and G. Scott are both very reputable for the other style.

Mt 2 cents as they say.
.... i,ll look up tarozzi ,,hopefully it looks good thanks for that regards oldbiker ........i was still waiting for omar to reply... but he has not as yet ...

.... i,ll look up tarozzi ,,hopefully it looks good thanks for that regards oldbiker ........i was still waiting for omar to reply... but he has not as yet ...

if you do,have a look at fast from the past.even with postage he was cheaper than a mob out side of brisbane was selling them for (with postage) if he doesnt have your size forks on his web page just ask as i did

I have found that it takes a few or more days to get a response from omar's, prob because he is a one man show.

if you do,have a look at fast from the past.even with postage he was cheaper than a mob out side of brisbane was selling them for (with postage) if he doesnt have your size forks on his web page just ask as i did
......................................hi guys i did email fastfromthepast and asked about the fork brace for my 1976 xs650 with 34mm tubes,,,, and his repy was he didn,t stock them ,,,,, yet its on his web site25-0046 ,i don,t know if this 1 fits 34mm but it would be nice to find out,,,,, i also like mikes chrome steel fork brace that goes over the front fender but it onlt fits 77D which is disappointing i can only keep trying regards oldbiker

......................................hi guys i did email fastfromthepast and asked about the fork brace for my 1976 xs650 with 34mm tubes,,,, and his repy was he didn,t stock them ,,,,, yet its on his web site25-0046 ,i don,t know if this 1 fits 34mm but it would be nice to find out,,,,, i also like mikes chrome steel fork brace that goes over the front fender but it onlt fits 77D which is disappointing i can only keep trying regards oldbiker

he must be out of stock.ill have a look and see if i can find the bris mobs site

Back