Too much?

Got him down to $1800....havnt seen the bike in person yet but heres some pictures he sent me. Seriously thinking about snagging it.

Attachments

• xs650.jpg
    xs650.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 110
  • xs6502.jpg
    xs6502.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 113
  • xs6503.jpg
    xs6503.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 114
  • xs6504.jpg
    xs6504.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 101
1 - What's wrapped around that right/rear shock spring?
2 - Raise the seat, take/post pic under there
3 - Pop-off the tank, take/post pic under there
4 - Ign off, very slowly push kickstart thru all cycles, listen for clicks, feel compression resistance and leakdown

1 - What's wrapped around that right/rear shock spring?
2 - Raise the seat, take/post pic under there
3 - Pop-off the tank, take/post pic under there
4 - Ign off, very slowly push kickstart thru all cycles, listen for clicks, feel compression resistance and leakdown

Bike is an hour and ahalf away from me so I'm only going to look at it once. What should I be looking for under the seat and tank.

Bike is an hour and ahalf away from me so I'm only going to look at it once. What should I be looking for under the seat and tank.

Mangled wiring and fusebox, darkened/burnt bullet connector covers, fuel stains on tank bottom, funny business between carbs, rounded/boogered acorn nuts on head top, toolkit & strap, battery, rusted/corroded battery box, cracks/corrosion in seat pan. If you do a forum search for "fusebox" or google search "blade+fuses", you may find pics of good vs bad condition under the seat...

Why not build a bike from scratch completly custom, design the frame, do somethig cool with wheels other than stock and source just a motor as opposed to a whole bike? Can find nice motors for a few hundred all the time on ebay. Just a thought.

Aside from that it looks good if you go that route. Good luck!

Why not build a bike from scratch completly custom, design the frame, do somethig cool with wheels other than stock and source just a motor as opposed to a whole bike? Can find nice motors for a few hundred all the time on ebay. Just a thought.

Aside from that it looks good if you go that route. Good luck!

If I knew my way around bikes I would go that route but seeing as I never rode a bike let alone owned one. I think I'll get comfortable around this stocker then look into something alittle more imaginative.

Did you buy thebike boons?
Funny my story is very similar too yours! Trying to find a xs 650 for the right price in Alberta for my first bobber and weather to buy stock or hacked....I decided on the later when I found this 79 for 700$

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 101
Back