Top clamp pinch bolt?

voelser

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the details of the pinch bolt (no. 11 in the image) are (type, length, etc.)? Unfortunately the old one snapped when I tried to undo it (after strangely putting hardly any pressure on it). I can't seem to find that information anywhere. You'd think that would be an easy thing to find!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 119
If it were me, i would take the bolt to the Lowes specialty hardware section and match it up. It's a bolt & nut and would not even need to be metric.
:twocents:

I think it is interchangable with 10 but not positive about that. Length may differ. The bolt size is encoded in the Yama part number, Search for details. I think all those bolts are hardened to grade 6, judging by the stamp.

ogh11756: I'm in the UK, so may be a tad far..;)

xjwmx: Found the part number, but so far it's all chinese to me! This is the part number: 97021-08065-00

Last edited:
Good luck finding most of these bolts and nuts in the hardware store. The good news is you can order them from a Yama dealer. If you pick them up in person when they come in you don't get charged any shipping cost. You can also get them through online dealers like boats.net.

Thanks guys! Ive got a great website here in the UK: stig fasteners? For all you stainless nuts and bolts....

^You might have a hard time finding a M8 with the same wrench size as original, if it matters to you. Especially the nut. Something to pay attention to when you're ordering at least.

Back