Top motor mount. Paint black or natural...Pics maybe

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
It looks like someone got over spray on one side. The other is natural. So I have to do something. What are you guys doing. Soda blasting maybe and leave natural. Or just paint them black.

Pics would be great. Thanks.

They are steel, that rusts. Paint, or some kind of coating would be beneficial IMHO.

This is the best I can do, I don't have any better closer pics. It is painted same as the chassis though....carb support bracket...black.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 51
I wonder if they paint them silver, or put some kind of coating on them at the factory. Because they look pretty good for being 42 years old. :bike:

Attachments

• XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 011.jpg
    XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 011.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 56
  • XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 010.jpg
    XS2 IN THE BEDROOM 010.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi Cal,
so did I, but it didn't last.
And the mounts won't niether unless you paint them.

LOL. I had to reread your post a couple time to figure out what the so did I was referring to. :laugh:

Ya. I been looking at the painted ones. Look pretty good. Might as well paint the top to match the rest of the mounts. :shrug:

If you totally take them apart to paint, you should clean the paint off were all the pieces touch. Bare clean metal to bare clean metal. This lets the engine have a good ground path to the frame.
Leo

Took mine apart, and I painted mine black

11278757994_e3078f9c92_b.jpg

I then sanded the little circles back to expose the metal for good ground. Works a treat

Back