Tracker Extraordinaire rescue

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6057.jpeg

Hey everybody, tho the Tracker project is moving in granny gear, well that’s how I progress thinking. I’ve decided to go traditional chrome dual exhaust. Amazon Shortie mufflers are under $100 at your door. Those arrived today so I inspected what the heck they are. The core is normal serviceable fiberglass wrap. The mount bracket is just about right to reach to the original frame exhaust mount behind the header, so far so good. The inside diameter is very good for slipping on the “Special” head pipe cut off, so far so good.
So much work to do! Little at a time -RT
IMG_6061.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6059.jpeg
    IMG_6059.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 44
I believe that wrapping the core tightly with muffler glass does very little. An open weave (coarse stainless brillo pad) allows noise and exhaust gas to penatrate into the larger diameter bullet volume thus getting flow through the muffling media. Just an idea for you to consider when you start up and tune your tuneable exhaust.
1702046279323.png

. An open weave (coarse stainless brillo pad) allows noise and exhaust gas to penatrate into the larger diameter bullet volume thus getting flow through the muffling media.
👍 thank you for the suggestion. Yes, these shorties may benefit more than any others from a stainless brillo stuffing. On the list !
IMG_6065.jpeg

👍 thank you for the suggestion. Yes, these shorties may benefit more than any others from a stainless brillo stuffing. On the list !
View attachment 257036
It is really hard to get a video with sound quality to display your exhaust note so do not expect us to vote on what you like or don't like. That is all personal. You have a cool project going, keep the picks coming. Sidenote, my pipes are still a touch to loud...

Well hello again XSers,
Winter Gail force winds here have me doing indoor projects and that Tracker engine top end disassembly finally fit in.
It was fun to do, was no need to break the cam chain for this.
I did take the top end off for two reasons. To inspect what the previous owner did in there, and to get all the way to that green base gasket.
Green gaskets everywhere, yuk!
Pics-
IMG_6251.jpeg

Oh another fun thing is that this spare room can become a winter weather engine build room.
Just looking around in the bottom end for what I’m not sure ? Pretty clean but a few years of dust etc everywhere.
At least some progress is happening. -RT
IMG_6284.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6282.jpeg
    IMG_6282.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6281.jpeg
    IMG_6281.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 40
IMG_6487.jpeg

Garage time today included some XS progress. Sort of, if going backwards is progress.
Off came the wheels etc so I could start cutting out that goofy but overly strong box section where the frame back bone use to be. The previous owner created this box to encompass the 2 into 1 intake manifold and single carburetor.
That plan stalled the project for years and is difficult for me to reverse but at least I made plenty of noise and sparks disc cutting.
It’s a tough thing but it’s why I got the unfinished project.
I don’t weld.. and am in need of a back bone section
IMG_6492.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6490.jpeg
    IMG_6490.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6491.jpeg
    IMG_6491.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6489.jpeg
    IMG_6489.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 36
View attachment 261967
Garage time today included some XS progress. Sort of, if going backwards is progress.
Off came the wheels etc so I could start cutting out that goofy but overly strong box section where the frame back bone use to be. The previous owner created this box to encompass the 2 into 1 intake manifold and single carburetor.
That plan stalled the project for years and is difficult for me to reverse but at least I made plenty of noise and sparks disc cutting.
View attachment 261972

Are you gonna try and find a bare frame to rob parts from?

How 'bout I just cut 'em here (red lines)?
Your welder will likely want to slug the tubes. That's easier on straight sections. I'll overcut it and let your welder figure it out.... long as you don't mind the (extra) shipping cost?

1708214716342.png

View attachment 261967
View attachment 261972
A neat shop is a sign of a "sick mind". Do you need an intervention?

Well, actually a kind of “intervention” happened when the woman moved out lol. Car, stuff, stuff, etc all removed gave me the WHOLE garage .
Now Im Not recommending this kind of life change ! But there’s always better & worse in changes 🤣 ( sleep with the dog)
Power bill is less than half this year ?
Now back to the frame.. pics of that missing back bone here-

Attachments

• IMG_6494.jpeg
    IMG_6494.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6495.jpeg
    IMG_6495.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6496.jpeg
    IMG_6496.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 30
Cold Sunday, so the frame fix is determined to be “in process” gonna take awhile..
Fortunately I have much else to do 😳
The gasket set made it here so today I’m removing engine covers for inspection and green gasket replacement 😃 keepin a slow busy pace here. Coffee until hopefully Daytona 500 time doesn’t get rained out? Beer thirty then .
IMG_6498.jpeg

Back