Traded a mountain bike for this RD350

bcthomas

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I picked this up as an unfinished resto-mod with 8k miles and a new top end. I cleaned up the front end for clip-ons and have some nice rearsets on the way. I need to find a fork brace and make a harness with the PC8 hub I have. All these new projects fall into my lap and I keep putting the 650 on the back burner....sigh.

As pictured on craigslist (really need to delete the app from my phone)
null_zps568619d2.jpg

Currently (nitroheads seat from my sr is flopping around on there until I cut the subframe.
null_zpscc19a148.jpg

That is awesome...talk about a fun bike to tinker on!

Just don't see them everyday...nice find. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was just looking at a website selling an RD just like this, totally restored by them...
$10,000!

May want to consider that before you do any permanent frame changes or anything...just sayin.

Clean ringy dingys, especially the 350's trade pretty fat. Apparently it's perfectly ok to fuck over a Daytona Special though. Funny how some bikes get bastardized and others praised. Sometimes the Bastard child is the better machine.

Inspired by the RD350, I'm convinced:

Cool bike I had one back in the day with DG pipes and wiseco pistons man that bike ran good it had a bad charging system ( I was young and didn't know much about bikes back then) so I sold it.

Thanks everybody...I've been looking for a clean one that wasn't $3k+ for years. I'm not going crazy on the subframe, just removing the hinges which are simple to weld back on. I want to hook the auto-lube pump back up to so it will be stockish aside from the clip ons, rearsets, pipes, seat,....uh carbs and damn the list is getting long.

I picked this up as an unfinished resto-mod with 8k miles and a new top end. I cleaned up the front end for clip-ons and have some nice rearsets on the way. I need to find a fork brace and make a harness with the PC8 hub I have. All these new projects fall into my lap and I keep putting the 650 on the back burner....sigh.

null_zps568619d2.jpg

Currently (nitroheads seat from my sr is flopping around on there until I cut the subframe.
null_zpscc19a148.jpg

What a deal! I worked at the local Yamaha shop in the early 70s. Those things Scream.
Congratulations!

I had a 72 R5, which wasn't as fast as the RD, and it screamed like a banshee. RD 350's absolutely ruled on the street and the track. I used to see race results and if there were 34 bikes in a class, there were 34 RD's. Same with the 250's in their class. Nobody else need apply.

I had an r5 too. It was fast even in poor running shape. Got divorced, then worked out of town for a year. Decided to let it go. Had 3 bikes already.

Posted via Mobile

null_zps568619d2.jpg

null_zpscc19a148.jpg

BC,
You fancy doing a straight swap for my RD400c that just needs a good tidy up

LESLIESRD400C5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF7122.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Leslie

Well, I've got a new crank and every seal/gasket/bearing known to man for this thing. I've also got moto carerra rearsets and some pwk flatslides from a banshee with a nice billet intake. Once I get the $$$ for an MZB ignition and some better pipes I'll put it together.

Back