Trick headlight

kent,

That's very interesting. The LED's are wired seperately, so you could use them as turn signals, even though they are not DOT approved for that purpose.

Well, I couldn't resist. I found one on Ebay for about $10 less. I ordered the white LED light version. I have the neutral switch headlight off mod, so this will provide the appearance of a headlight when the real headlight is off, which is even more important with the higher wattage of this bulb.

I'll report back when I get it installed.

- jody at play

P1010111.jpg

P1010095.jpg

- i havent asked him but its a rather large piston, probably from a truck or bus

OK. I bought a Halo headlight, the one with the 34 embedded LEDS. Installing it was not easy as it does not fit the standard headlight fixture. The LEDS create a bulge that has to be accommodated, so I used some wire that was 1/4" diameter to space the two halves of the headlight fixture.

But, once installed, it does provide a unique and attractive headlight so the young ladies in their SUV's talking on their Cell Phones to their main dick just might notice me in the flow of confusing traffic.

Here's a picture that really doesn't do it justice. As you move from one side of the bike to the other, the headlight does become more attractive and visible.

crystal.jpg

Not bad, looks good. How does it look with out the headlight off?
I tried a set of the LED driving lights on mine. I got the ones that are long and skinny. I think the round ones would look better.
Advanced Auto about $20. They are on the shelf now.

Last edited:
tx....,

Well, I'm more concerned with increasing my visibility during the day, but I'll take a couple of pictures tonight.

Here are a couple of pics taken today:

crystal2.jpg

crystal3.jpg

Somehow, the camera doesn't capture the brilliance of the blue LED's. I think they will improve my daytime visibility, but maybe that's because I just spent $69 and half the morning installing it. (you know how that goes)

The amber turn signals have dual filament bulbs in them, and the low filament is on in these pictures, but you can't see it in the pic. It's much more visible in real life. (real life..:wtf:.....? What the hell is that? Huh? :laugh:)

I won't really know for another 10 years because that's the frequency of my encounters with people making sudden left turns in front of me.

Maybe the next potential interloper will be so shocked by the brilliance of my Crystal headlight that she will flip her SUV over in the middle of the road....right in front of me, of course! :banghead:

I just know that some of you are going to buy the amber LED version of the Crystal headlight and use the LED's as turn signals so you can get rid of the ugly stock turn signals.

amber-led.jpg

You can do that because the circuits for the right and left side LED's is separate. Totally illegal and dangerous....that's why I know someone will do it!..........:wink2:

Last edited:
Night Light:

Here are a couple of pics I took last night. The first is with the headlight off, the second is with the low beam on:

crystalnight.jpg

crystalnight2.jpg

oops! :wtf: Looks like I was a little unsteady there! Why would that be late on a Friday evening? Huh? :D

tx....,

Well, it suits one of my purposes and that is to show a light when my headlight gets switched off by the neutral switch when I'm stopped at a light.

tx....,

Well, it suits one of my purposes and that is to show a light when my headlight gets switched off by the neutral switch when I'm stopped at a light.

thats what I'm talking about, last night, in the dark of night, the headlight switching off in neutral is not cool, I have a bad habit of tossing the bike in neutral and coasting up to the light instead of holding the clutch the whole time. last night, I definately was thinking of you and the LED ring bulb thing you got going on.

Back