Wanted - Triple Tree (Or just bottom triple tree!)

InfamousXS

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short I was using a tap to make threads for the Pandemonium headlight bracket and the stupid piece snapped clean inside :doh:

I have spent a little time trying to get it out and it won't budge a bit. I am starting to think that getting a new triple tree, or at least the bottom piece, may just be easier sadly.

Shoot me a PM or just post here if you got something for me.

And of course, the proof.

I've got a good polished setup, top and bottom complete off an early model XS if you're interested but i'm in Philippines. It's leftover from my build but i'd be happy to post it. It's packed away about 26klms from me but i can get it out and send you some pictures tomorrow afternoon if you'd like me to.

Yes, sometimes successfully..... My dad was tool and die by trade and I inherited his machinists tool box, it has a full set of extractors. The little legs are expendable and fairly soft so they don't get added to the pile of junk broke off in the hole LOL. Machine shops have an arc tool that can burn the tap out, it would probably cost more than a triple though.

Also, a local machine shop can mill the center out of that tap. Might cost ya about $30. If ya find a guy who works the night shift, he might do it for a cold six pack.

Got a cheap offer for a set for 20 plus shipping but that tap extractor is a interesting tool. Might have to look into that. Bike is a 78 by the way I forgot to add that originally.

Back