Tropical Cyclone downunder

airlie beach has now lost power , estimated landfall later this morning (guesstimate 3-4 hrs ) wind near center 175 kph with gusts up to 250klh

Lost power at 2145 last night, 100 knots of breeze, genset is working well, keeping the fridge and freezer going. Huge gusts right now, bloody frightening that's for sure. Have a few trees down but that's ok, can live with that...
Expecting up to 250 kilometer wind gusts shortly.....

IMG_0964.PNG

Alcohol/Cyclone = Accidents waiting to happen........Can't call it an accident.

Moving slow, not a good thing..............
1z r4 512 km  Bowen Radar  Cat3.png1z t 512 km  Bowen Radar  Cat3.png

Attachments

• 3l Tropical Cyclone Forecast Track Map Page  1.png
    3l Tropical Cyclone Forecast Track Map Page 1.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
frightning is right , people joke about getting pissed and having cyclone partys , anybody does that are idiots , not a good time to not to have your wits about you , again keep safe

Your so right, I've got a few beers in the fridge for when it's over, booze is not an option whilst your life is in the balance...

Wow - this IS scary.

Coincidentally, I was on a government mission to Melbourne in 2008 (??) a couple of days after those huge brush fires happened down there. We in Canada always whine about our crappy weather and if you're dumb enough, it can hurt or even kill you, but I'll tell you, Australian weather and natural phenomenon are not to triffled with either plus they have way nastier wildlife than we do.

Anyhow - we all thinking about you Mick - stay safe.

Pete

...well, you won't have to spend too much time taking up the downed leaves. They'll all be in the next county.

Hang in there Michaelo! We're all pulling for you to get through this unscathed. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Back