Trying to convert my suzuki s40 into a bobber

Dethica

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2008 suzuki s40. I've done very simple things to clean the bike up so far such as removing the indicators, the badges, the front fender, and the belt guard. I want to remove the rear fender and add a solo seat but am not sure what exactly I need to mount the seat. The rear bolts seem to be 5 inches apart and most seats have the rear bolts set at 7 inches.

There is another post on here similar to what I'd like to do aesthetically.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21990

I would like to remove the rear fender and add the solo seat next. I'm just not sure exactly how to go about ordering a seat. I've seen things such as: Ryca's Bolt-On Solo Seat Hinge Mount, their Solo Seat Hinge Pivot, Seat Spring Mounts, Seat Springs and other parts from Ryca's website.

I know this isn't an xs650 but was hoping someone out there might have some knowledge on these things. Thanks in advance.

didn't those used to be called a savage? One cylinder rite?
I think there is a site for chopping those. They are becoming popular for that because they are cheap and plentiful. Much how Yamaha xs650's used to be.
AH...the good ole days.

Small, light, good looking, and even LESS power than an XS650. I hear there is a fairly easy fix for the head leaks, sound familiar? I have "just missed" buying a savage a time or two.

yep. passed one up too.
She wanted 3 grand for it. she rode it to Sturgis and back from Washington state twice. ran great. But that's about the price of them when they were new, and it was far from new. clear coat peeling off the legs, paint chipped to hell.....
Her husband did a savage chop, strutted, lowered, flame stuff everywhere, drag bars, open pipe, What a BARK that had!!

Missed a nice "garage sitter" last year for $700 I don't think I displayed enough sincerity. If I could just get better at faking sincerity...........

Back