Trying to figure out my exhaust...

Milk_Jesus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
395072_4957393855320_1058517697_n_zps70a676d0.jpg

this is the only picture i have of my pipes (one of them still lying on the lift) they run right on top of each other right underneath my foot peg, but what I'm trying to do is something like this (minus the fish tails and my pipes will be right on top of each other)

1469859_10202799155362634_1207628236_n.jpg

if i remember correctly, my headers are 1 1/2" diameter, so where can i get some sort of jointed/angled pipes or do i have to just make them out of 1 1/2 diameter metal piping?

Exhausts arent to difficult to do - they just take a lot longer than other parts. My advice is to mock up using off-cuts or scrap to get the idea of the look and check for interference - the last thing you need is weld up a new set of pipes only to find you cant kick the bike over!

Then remember measure twice and cut once. Get enough materials in to complete the job and factor in a little extra for booboo's and the unexpected. reducers and adaptors can be found in most hardware stores or indeed on ebay. Alternatively, companies like TC bros do a DIY kit, which I have used and found it very good.

+1 on the tc bros kit. I've used it. You might need to buy some extra straight pieces depending on how long you're going but it'll deffinately get ya started.

+1 on the tc bros kit. I've used it. You might need to buy some extra straight pieces depending on how long you're going but it'll deffinately get ya started.

Exhausts arent to difficult to do - they just take a lot longer than other parts. My advice is to mock up using off-cuts or scrap to get the idea of the look and check for interference - the last thing you need is weld up a new set of pipes only to find you cant kick the bike over!

Then remember measure twice and cut once. Get enough materials in to complete the job and factor in a little extra for booboo's and the unexpected. reducers and adaptors can be found in most hardware stores or indeed on ebay. Alternatively, companies like TC bros do a DIY kit, which I have used and found it very good.

i've checked those out before and they do seem like a good route, but since I really only need one bend and then just straight pipe from there, isn't that something I can just get at home depot?

I guess I misunderstood and thought you were building new pipes completely. My bad. If all you need are bends to go up at the rear and some straight pieces you should be able to find em locally. Not sure about Home Depot, but a muffler shop ahold be able to hook you up .

I guess I misunderstood and thought you were building new pipes completely. My bad. If all you need are bends to go up at the rear and some straight pieces you should be able to find em locally. Not sure about Home Depot, but a muffler shop ahold be able to hook you up .

cool, thank you. :thumbsup:

Back