trying to figure out year of xs650

1rarebru

1rarebru
Reaction score
i have been bobbing a xs650 iliteraly found in the weeds of an old farmer, got it for a little of nothing, it was missing bars/mounts, tank, seat, and assorted other pieces. it does have compression. i am done w/ most of the fab work, and have it looking cool, am wiring it but cant get spark so am thinking ill get electronics from pete. but think maybe i had better figure out the year of this beast. sn is 2fo-157344 think maybe it is a 78-79 but would like to know better. please advise

- welcome ... i believe from #2F0-150101 with model also being 2F0 is an XS-F 78-79 or model 2M0 being an XS-SF:bike:

oops.... guess im not so sure of the difference between a roadster and a special. is there any specific parts that may be sought after that im not using?

Cut it up. Show no fear. If you restore it, it will never be worth what you have invested in it anyway. You have more chance of actually making a profit on it as a bobber or chopper, if that is your inclination.

done, had it hard tailed within a couple of hours of unloading it. doing it old school by hand, using parts off of tractors, cars, hondas, you get the idea. just wish i had found some knowledge of the rarity before the sawzall got fired up. thanks

Back