Two Carbs No Connecting Parts Can I Run Seperatly?

Uglies

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a box of carbs but none of the brackets that hold two of them together so they would both be mounted together and work as a team.

My question is can i mount them seperately by syncing them as close as possible and running a throttle cable that has dual cable, where one cable goes to each carb?

Anyone running this way?

Are they stock 650 carbs or just a box full of carbs from who knows what? I'm not aware of a 2-1 cable for the stock carbs. That one Brew uses on his VMs won't fit at the carb end on 650 carbs, the cable ends are too small.

These are the solex carbs so they are older Im gonna try and clean them up and slap them on my 75 motor see if they will work , its all i got so it has to work lol.

You'll want to use a matched set. '75 and earlier carbs were the separate ones (not bolted together on brackets as a "bank"). But, the '74-'75 sets differed from the '70-'73 sets. Look at the number on the butterfly plate. The '74-'75 sets used a #120 plate. The '70-'73 sets used a #125. The '70-'71 sets also differed from the '72-'73 sets as far as choke configuration went. The '70-'71 sets had a choke on each carb connected by a sheet metal bracket. The '72-'73 carbs had only one choke assembly mounted on the left carb. There was no choke on the right carb, just a blanking plate covering where it would go. The rich choke mix from the left carb was shared with the right carb through a short crossover hose between the two carbs.

Back