TX650 rebuild, RobinC tribute bike

Hokey dokey folks - I rooted through the DCW and found it!

One Harbour Fright air hammer and chisel set plus many extra springs - new and un-used in the original packaging since I purchased them at the first HF store in Camarillo California in 1994 while on sabbatical in LA.

I called that place Hardware-Heaven and most Sundays I would take my then-5 year old daughter #1 and we would drive from Westchester to Camarillo and I’d come back with a load of stuff I didn’t (yet) need. That is why we left Ottawa with a fairly well-loaded long wheel base Dodge Grand Carabarge and came back with a totally overloaded Carabarge and a U-Haul trailer.

Anyhow, I suspect this puppy will sort out TotalFool’s argument with the swing arm bolt...

CAC4953A-3207-4927-8C33-E8A0BDA0C707.jpeg

26BCA478-10E5-439E-B328-F49CFA8337DA.jpeg

....my name is Pete and I am a tool-a-holic.....

Last edited:
Speaking of which, I use these HF ear muffs, less fiddly than ear plugs and on sale all the time for about $2 .....

https://www.harborfreight.com/industrial-ear-muffs-70038.html

Pete, as I mentioned, you'll need to cut one of the chisel inserts into a blunt end "pin". It will end up looking like both ends are the same. And "pad" the end of the bolt with some scrap aluminum plate. Don't hammer directly on the bolt end.

Speaking of which, I use these HF ear muffs, less fiddly than ear plugs and on sale all the time for about $2 .....

https://www.harborfreight.com/industrial-ear-muffs-70038.html

Pete, as I mentioned, you'll need to cut one of the chisel inserts into a blunt end "pin". It will end up looking like both ends are the same. And "pad" the end of the bolt with some scrap aluminum plate. Don't hammer directly on the bolt end.
I examined these cheap HF ear muffs recently. In the fine print, it is revealed that the noise reduction factor is much less than a "good" set. I think it was 16 dB. Spend $13 at HF and you will get 26 dB reduction, with is closer to the OSHA standard.
What is your hearing worth?
Now that I have two hearing disorders (tinnitus and hyperacusis) I wish I had done a better job of hearing protection through my life. And I did a damn good job, actually. I was the guy with earplugs at rock concerts.

I examined these cheap HF ear muffs recently. In the fine print, it is revealed that the noise reduction factor is much less than a "good" set. I think it was 16 dB. Spend $13 at HF and you will get 26 dB reduction, with is closer to the OSHA standard.
Now that I have two hearing disorders (tinnitus and hyperacusis) I wish I had done a better job of hearing protection through my life. And I did a damn good job, actually. I was the guy with earplugs at rock concerts.

Yup - good thought Jeff. I always try to not skimp on sunglasses too.

Yep cheap is cheap...........

Back