tx650a- new to the world of the XS erm... TX?

mikec

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently purchased a TX650A from a fellow for $300 bucks. Honestly the best 300 bucks that I have probably ever spent. It was non running with a rusted out gas tank, buggered up carbs and electrical issues. After 3 days of tinkering it was back up and breathing beautiful exhaust fumes back into the world. I don't have a pic of it right now but hopefully when I get home I can snap a few for you guys.

This site has already been an amazing asset in terms of tuning, setting valves and helping me wrap my head around the world of the XS.

Most of my experience comes from the world of Honda cb's. I am in the process of rebuilding a Suzuki GS850 shaft drive and added the 650 to my world when I saw a hell of a deal on craigslist.

Hopefully I can do something to help improve this amazing community that you guys already have here.

Much Thanks,
Mike

you got the best, after the 74 TX650A Yamaha knew they would never be able to surpass that magnificence achievement so they started calling their lesser efforts XS's :D

welcome! I run a 73 tx650 engine in my bike. The slightly higher compression makes it a great runner!

all stock so far, running a pamco and hughs PMA. Runs circles around my old 81 engine, night and day difference.

Sweet, I bored mine 1st size over cause it was seized when i got it bought NOS pistons. Good to go. Have a pamco and Hugh's PMA also.

Back