UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

Thanks. Yes the frame colour is an unusual choice. However, I didn't want the usual black frame of every other Cafe Racer build. Hopefully, it should all look good when it's done :)

Thanks Airwolfie!

Well I dropped the tank, seat unit and front mudguard off at the painters and they will be ready for next weekend :)
In order to get a seat made, I spoke to the guy who does them for me and he needs a base or pan to work off. So, before I dropped the seat off to paint, I laminated a separate seat pan off it so it would be a perfect fit. That' ll get dropped off today and will hopefully also be ready for next weekend!

seatpan21_zps00e45c4c.jpg

Today, I got the rest of the bike built up - electrics, brakes, instruments etc etc. So, it will all be ready for this week when the tank seat and front mudguard come back from paint. Ill have to wait another week for the seat unit but there's nothing spoiling.

Here it is as of tonight:

DSCN0955_zps501136bd.jpg

DSCN0956_zpsa0628c9e.jpg

Oh, that's good to hear Paul. So long winter! It's still a roll of the dice here,one day it's in the 70's the next in the 40's. Next weekend is supposed to be nice here.:bike:

I really like that bright red frame!
Hey Paul, Looks like Ya been getting it on man.
85F here today very nice riding weather.
looks like rain this week.
Looking forward to seeing the tins in place.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Allesandro, technically in the UK we shouldnt do "noisy exhausts" as well but we mostly get away with it when theyre not too loud :)
Just had a look at yours - stunning, well done!

Last edited:
This evening I machined a stopper plug to replace the drive take off for the original tachometer. Once that was seated, I syringed some fuel into the carbs to fill the bowls. After four kicks she fired and ran well. There were no noises or rattles, which is always a good sign :) I'll check the head torque to be safe tomorrow night and all that's left is to pick the tank etc up on Friday. I've also ordered some gold pin striping which I'll play about with ideas on the tank and seat unit once theyre on.

Back