UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

Thanks Bornleader, yep I am lucky I can do as I please - no kids and an understanding "her that must be obeyed" means I can get in the workshop over the winter and ride plenty in the summer :)

I picked up the cases today from the blaster and another good job done. Washed them out tonight and will start building the engine this weekend :)

DSCN0948_zps642be939.jpg

Got the engine built back up today. Just managed to torque the head down before I finished off for the evening. Tomorrow, I'll get the rest of it finished off and back into the frame.

DSCN0949_zpsab991e97.jpg

DSCN0950_zpsc1888ba7.jpg

Man! You were busy today Paul! Looks real nice.:thumbsup:You can go ahead and pop that puppy into a crate and ship her over anytime brother.:D I'll put it to good use, I promise.:wink2:

Hii Bornleader, thank you! There is a fine coating on them to maintain the finish and yes, I polished the cases up. They were bead blasted for me and the finish is excellent. You just need to be mariculture in cleaning the cases but it's not too difficult

Today I got the engine back into the frame and also some of the larger parts like forks, wheel etc so it can stand on its own two feet :)

Next weekend Ill carry on with the remainder including the wiring and brake systems, ready for when the tank and seat come back from paint.

DSCN0951_zps1094a2b0.jpg

DSCN0952_zps29cc31e7.jpg

DSCN0953_zps87a88305.jpg

DSCN0954_zpsb71be03a.jpg

Back