UK Cafe Racer Build Thread

There ya go again Paul!:thumbsup: She looks great my friend. I'm glad you had a chance to get her outside for a good look. She does sound good too!:D
I'm sure you've a good choice of color in mind.

Got a little more done today. Namely the kickstand and some other tidying up, including the rear number plate holder - added some curves as it was too straight. Just waiting for the Trailtech Vapor to come into the UK so I can finish the digital dash off. I also fitted the clear alternator cover too, which I quite like :)

DSCN0923_zpse4db4bd0.jpg

DSCN0924_zpsd5bf5fdd.jpg

DSCN0925_zps24a98bbc.jpg

After a wait, I finally got my hands on a Vapor digital dash. So, today I managed to get that wired up and tested and got the parts off to chrome. Tomorrow, i'll start tearing it down and finishing up welds etc before getting the frame out to powder.

Parts off to chrome

DSCN0926_zps1050818c.jpg

The Vapor connected up with indication lights for dip beam, main beam and neutral

DSCN0928_zps776fbadc.jpg

DSCN0929_zps84564256.jpg

Tucked the pick up away on the rear wheel rather than the front - I think it looks cleaner

DSCN0930_zps2857a4d2.jpg

Oh yes Paul, that Vapor dash looks like it grew there man!:thumbsup:
Pretty slick mounting point for the pick up.:D
Great job Paul, another show winner for sure.

That is looking like one sweet ride indeed. Nice job on the kickstand looks great. You are a craftsmen of many skills. Your bike shows it. Like everything you have done so far. Like the vapor dash also great choice. :thumbsup:

Today, I started to tear the bike down and complete some smaller jobs on the way. I wire wheeled the brake rotors, masked them off (very fiddly :) ) and sprayed them up, also the bottom of the forks. I went for a matt black finished as opposed o the orginal silver. Next weekend, finish up the welds, dress and off to the powder coaters :)

DSCN0931_zpsbc210e0e.jpg

DSCN0932_zps87347814.jpg

DSCN0933_zpsdb7a5985.jpg

Well that's the Powder Coating booked for Monday. Better get cracking this weekend! Turnaround is within a week so should have the frame done and back by next weekend! :)

Back