UK Members on here???

wiganmatt

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondered how many other UK members there are on here? The reason I ask is to try and find out where people are buying there parts from in the UK.

Is there any members from the north west?

:bike:

Depends on what you are after, there is Yambits, Wemoto, Heiden, if you want tuning or rebuild then Smedspeed,
I always price up in the States as well as Europe, as quite often it's cheaper even with import duty and postage.
Be very careful if it is pistons you are after to make sure you know what engine/crank you have as there are a lot of US imports with different length rods to Europe around

Depends on what you are after, there is Yambits, Wemoto, Heiden, if you want tuning or rebuild then Smedspeed,
I always price up in the States as well as Europe, as quite often it's cheaper even with import duty and postage.
Be very careful if it is pistons you are after to make sure you know what engine/crank you have as there are a lot of US imports with different length rods to Europe around

Hi Jay,

That's great cheers for the info, My bike is a US import which came in at the end of last year so I would definitely be checking the engine before I start buying parts. One thing im after but cant seem to find anywhere is velocity stacks / Bellmouth filters

I'll do an internet search first before buying to see what is available.
I have bought from non EU countries but usually parts that I can't source in the UK or EU.
Adding delivery, import duty and VAT puts a fair old chunk on the original price. You also have to factor in the time it takes to get here which in my experience is two to three weeks.

I'm up in Cumbria

Hi Matt,
I'm just down the road from you in Skem.
I get my parts from yambits or wemoto & ebay mostly. I've also had stuff from mikeXS in the states and payed the import fee etc. Grr.
There is also a small place on the Rainford bypass called Stoneage Motorcycles they have loads of XS bits and pieces.

Hi, I'm in Essex. As well as the suppliers mentioned, Granby Motors is good for OEM parts, with a part number they will tell you if they have it or is still available. Also have the name of a good crank rebuilder in Essex if anyone wants it.

Hi! yeah, am in London... same as above, Heiden, Wemoto, Yambits, etc. Also if ye know exactly what ye need and yer confident of measurements etc, ye can get dirt cheap generic stuff from Ebay, Amazon, etc.

oh, and for carb stuff, Allens Performance are basically all ye will ever need.

Hi,

As others have said - Yambits, Heiden, ebay are the main ones I have used. however for wheels, hardtails, tanks, rear fenders I have also used Mikes XS, Lowbrow Customs and TC Bros in the US. Never had any problems with them and I have had kit arrive from them quicker than UK suppliers. Bank on 10 days for big stuff and a week or so for smaller. The BIG downside to this is the customs charges that are levied. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to them - I have had different charges for the same parts ???

Just factor that into the cost of your parts - big stuff can be in the region of £100, smaller stuff £30 + but i think it depends on who filling the forms in on the day and whether or not they are in a bad mood.

All the above suppliers plus www.xs650shop.de. eBay is well worth the time some American sellers are very good with shipping charges.
Got to agree about customs charges. Once got charged what would be the equivilent of 60% duty!
Challenged it and got a cheque eventually, no explanation or apology but the cheque didn't bounce.

Back