Uploading Pictures from your phone...

Jawknee21

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been covered before but I keep seeing people that are having this problem. You take a picture on your phone and then its stuck there. To get pictures from your phone to be able to post on here you can open a photobucket.com account. Then once thats set up they give you an email address that uploads the picture to your account. (Under account settings on the right side, then under the mobile tab on your photobucket account) Send the picture in a text or an email to that address then the picture should be on there. Then just click the IMG code on the picture and it copies the picture so you can paste it (Ctrl V) in your post...

Haha. Not everyone knows how to do that. And not everyone has a phone that can connect to the computer. And everyone isn't a nerd. My dad doesn't know how to do this stuff...

Posted via Mobile

I can add them right from my phone.. try downloading a different browser on your phone from your app store and see if that works.

Hahaha. I have an iPhone. I have the Photobucket app. But "older" people, who don't even care to have a phone in the first place, wouldn't have a phone with apps at all. Maybe I'll delete this. Since everyone knows how to do it all of a sudden...

Posted via Mobile

Maybe I'll delete this. Since everyone knows how to do it all of a sudden...

Well yeah, I obviously know how to do it. :er:

I think your suggestions will be helpful to some people so thank you for posting them. That's just one more way to go about posting pictures. I was just saying that with certain browsers on certain phones you can upload directly to the site from your phone.

This won't be much of a problem anyway once I create the XS650 App for the Android Market and Apple App Store (it's on the to-do list). Unless of course people don't know to download the App.

Okay I just re-read the thread and think I may have missed the point you were trying to make. Your suggestions are not for the user that browses XS650.com with their phone and also wants to upload pictures directly from their phone (which is what most people are wanting to do when they ask about uploading pictures from their phone). Your suggested method is for people who normally use the site from a computer but have a smart phone that they use to take pictures. It gives them a simple way to transfer the pictures to the internet then link to them from here.

So there you go.. just a misunderstanding.

It's pretty easy from the iPhone app. Just sign into the app, upload the picture, then copy and paste the img code. I just keep seeing people that say, "if I knew how to get the picture off my phone", and it's usually
Something I would Like to see...

Posted via Mobile

Well that works too.. Photobucket App, or text or email the photobucket email address they give you to upload pictures. I didn't know photobucket had all those options.

An iPhone app would be Cool. I'll be able to delete my bookmark. Haha. I can copy and paste pictures from my Photobucket app and put them here all on my Phone. I was mainly offering a way for people to get pictures off their phones who may not have a USB cable or a memory card for their phone. Usually people with smart phones know how or know someone that can show them. But I know there's people that don't. My parents are in both of these categories. My dad has a crappy phone and my mom has an iPhone but doesn't know how to use it. Haha. Ill just be quiet now. I need an app to work on my bike...

Posted via Mobile

Hahaha. I have an iPhone. I have the Photobucket app. But "older" people, who don't even care to have a phone in the first place, wouldn't have a phone with apps at all. Maybe I'll delete this. Since everyone knows how to do it all of a sudden...

Posted via Mobile
Dude, speak only for yourself. I'm 72, I'm pretty sure that makes me "older". I run a Samsung Galaxy S Android. I may forgotten more about apps than you've learned!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I think that would probably qualify you as "older". :D :laugh:

I think he's probably right for the most part with his generalization though. :wink2:

A lot of threads have been renderd usless because the poster has used photobucket then the acc has been deleted.

Yeah always a problem with externally hosted images.. And as time goes on there is more and more risk of the images being lost.

On a somewhat related to note... I just implemented more redundancy with the site backups! :thumbsup: (not that it will help with the external image problem)

Android system...internet explorer .....mobile version on site attach from gallery...done

One more reason iphone is junk!:laugh:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• cameraphone.jpg
    cameraphone.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 186
  • cameraphonewithvib.jpg
    cameraphonewithvib.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 195
Back