US Olympians uniforms made in China

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised at that. Every American flag has been made in China since the 80s. It's all the norm.

Why are any of you suprised? The government always pays top dollar to the low bidder with the worst quality so they can spend 50% more to get it fixed right so they can get a bigger budget next year!!!!
It's called making YOUR money go away!

Why are any of you suprised? The government always pays top dollar to the low bidder with the worst quality so they can spend 50% more to get it fixed right so they can get a bigger budget next year!!!!
It's called making YOUR money go away!

guess you didn't read the article. Here's a cut and paste:

"The U.S. Olympic team is privately funded and we're grateful for the support of our sponsors. We're proud of our partnership with Ralph Lauren, an iconic American company."

You can't blame the government for everything. When was the last time YOU shopped at WalMart?

I'd be surprised if the Pamco isn't assembled in the U.S.A. from components made in a far east country, most likely China. I don't know for a fact that you could buy a single component for it made in the U.S.A.

The deal's done, no backing out now!

xjwmx,

The major components of the PAMCO ignition, the plate, the rotor and the PC board and wire are made in the USA. So are the magnets. The labor to assembly and test the PAMCO are workers here in the US. The ownership of the company is also American. The electronic components are made in Mexico, a member of NAFTA. There are very few semiconductor components made in the US. The profit from the sales stays here in the US and we pay Uncle Sam his share in taxes. Why in the world you would come off the wall with your wild ideas of where and how the PAMCO is made is beyond me. Earlier this month there was a thread about parts for the XS650 and if any of them were made in the USA. If you had read that thread you would have learned the same information that I just related.

Last edited:
xjwmx,
Why in the world you would come off the wall with your wild ideas of where and how the PAMCO is made is beyond me.

Well, I guess I'm just crazy. And I don't care where anything is made, not even the U.S. olympic team's fashions. I buy from wherever they spend the extra $5 to make their devices non-self destructing. Quality, rather than welfare nationalism. Or nationalistic advertising.

guess you didn't read the article. Here's a cut and paste:

"The U.S. Olympic team is privately funded and we're grateful for the support of our sponsors. We're proud of our partnership with Ralph Lauren, an iconic American company."

You can't blame the government for everything. When was the last time YOU shopped at WalMart?

Last Saturday, and I default to blaming the government for EVERYTHING! You should know that by now:laugh: I didn't read the article. I can't get into the Olympic games. I just wanted to bitch about something, and I read the thread the other day on the Pamco!:thumbsup:

xjwmx,

The major components of the PAMCO ignition, the plate, the rotor and the PC board and wire are made in the USA. So are the magnets. The labor to assembly and test the PAMCO are workers here in the US. The ownership of the company is also American. The electronic components are made in Mexico, a member of NAFTA. There are very few semiconductor components made in the US. The profit from the sales stays here in the US and we pay Uncle Sam his share in taxes. Why in the world you would come off the wall with your wild ideas of where and how the PAMCO is made is beyond me. Earlier this month there was a thread about parts for the XS650 and if any of them were made in the USA. If you had read that thread you would have learned the same information that I just related.

I was impressed when i read this last month or whenever it was posted. and surprised how much was US made. Impressive.

The other thing you guys should be pissed about is the mark up/cost of the clothes. :yikes:

Those berets don't do the uniforms any good. National costumes always seem to be unattractive for some reason.

Aussie uniforms also made in China sadly. I hope the pole vaulters get good gear, would be a bitch test driving one of those. China own half (or more) our iron ore mines. Now they want to bring in thousands of Chinese to work in them, fucking awesome! Ok, gotta go, running late for my Manderin lessons. Musn't keep the Emperor waiting.

Posted via Mobile

Well, I guess I'm just crazy. And I don't care where anything is made, not even the U.S. olympic team's fashions. I buy from wherever they spend the extra $5 to make their devices non-self destructing. Quality, rather than welfare nationalism. Or nationalistic advertising.

Well, carried to it's extreme then, it shouldn't even matter what the nationality of the athletes representing the US is. In future Olympics we could just hire the best athletes in the world and send them to represent us. Just like they do in professional sports.

I am all for internationalism. Even though it painfully requires the US to get it's head out of the sand and compete on a "more" level worldwide playing field. For me the hard part is uneven environmental standards that tend to favor the dirty producer.

At least their performance enhancing drugs aren't made in China. Now, that would be un-American!

To "default to blaming the government for EVERYTHING!" is to take personal responsibility for NOTHING." If you don't own it you can't fix it.

I have a running "discussion" with a friend of mine on this topic. He favors a trade war with China. I favor personal responsibility by Americans. After all it is OUR buying patterns combined with the policies enacted by the politicians that WE elected that created and sustain the "China problem."

Of course that is all on the theory side of things. The pragmatics are that everyone is going to make their personal best of the status quo. You and I will save a buck at WalMart and Baines Capitol will shut down plants in Ohio to open them in Borneo where they can pay 3 bananas and a fish a day to some 11 year olds to do the work.

PAMCO Pete is leading by example. If you want bolster U.S. made production and consumption: MAKE SOMETHING HERE! Those of us who remember his Gerber baby-food jar lid proto-type know that he has done very well by doing good.

That is the road we all need to be on.

Although "Conservatives" will never admit it, what is going on right now between the US and China is a competition between a centrally controlled economy led by a government and a de-centralized economy led by the owners of financial and industrial corporations. Even Ayn Rand lovers know who is winning that one right now.

So,what are YOU going to do about it?

I am all for internationalism. Even though it painfully requires the US to get it's head out of the sand and compete on a "more" level worldwide playing field. For me the hard part is uneven environmental standards that tend to favor the dirty producer.

that and the lack of labor laws that favor the sweat shop countries.

Back