Utah winter build

your build is looking great! what color scheme are you thinking for the tank? front disk came out nice, any reason you didn't drill any holes? polished covers look like mirrors, i'm still working on mine, any tips?

I was thinking about drilling holes, but the disk grew on me the way it was. I really like it solid now.

I have a tip to get the cases to look like mirrors.... http://www.metalmasterutah.com Scott does a great job! I started to polish them myself and got really board really fast. I have polished all the small stuff myself but the cases were just to daunting....

Had to get out the welder. Licence plate holder done. I also had to shorten the kickstand. I cant find a stock 75 kickstand for some reason??

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

My wiring woes. Man this was harder then I thought it would be

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Steal braided lines and a little mod to get it to work.

IMG_1058.jpg

Last edited:
I got the wiring all buttoned up after about 10 problems. Some how I wired the headlight to the kill switch...hahaha

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

Bench syncing is getting the throttle butterflies to open the same. What your doing looks more like fuel levels.
You can set bench sync by using a strip of paper about 1/4 inch wide. Open the throttls enough to slip in the paper, close throttle. adjust the idle speed screw to an easy slip fit. Now do the same to the other carb. Get then adjusted so the paper slips with the same amount of force applied.
This will get you close. Once on the bike use the dead cylinder method to fine tune the sync.
Leo

Great job on your bike. Was there any issues with the spokes and wheels when you started putting it back together due to the powder being too thick? I have heard others having issues. I want to do as you did but another person warned me not to. Any suggestions?

Ok I got around to making the final push and got some good pics of the bike...DONE! She runs perfect. Second kick every time and feels good.

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

Back