Velocity Stacks?

Brew

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
How do they run and who sells them? My set-up is: VM34's, tcbros intakes, pamco ignition, mac 2 into 1 open exhaust. Everything I have is brand new and I haven't fired the bike yet but the motor was running before i toke it all apart. I just think velocity stacks look a lot better.

Attachments

• 5256032453_376f1e9d79.jpg
    5256032453_376f1e9d79.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 566
thats a nice looking bike... i have no experience with them, but also think they look sweet.. im pretty sure there is little to none filtration though, dusty conditions?

MMM at 650central.com sells them for Mikuni VM carbs, $15 each

Same ones on egay, $25 each

The bell on the carb inlet is a rudimentary velocity stack. My feeling is a velocity stack inside an air cleaner might be a performance enhancer but I wouldn't depend on just a screen as my only engine filtration.

I'm in florida so rain is more of an issue than dust. I just want to know how they run, reliability and performance are more important to me than aesthitics.

Hey rwingsfan Do you think some fine silk screen over the mesh would do the trick? I have a bunch of it if you want to give it a shot. Thats what I was thinkin about doin. PM me you address and I'll mail you some.

That might work! Here is what I ended up doing with mine. The angled intakes made the filter (or velocity stacks) come out at a wierd angle and wanted to hit the frame. I went the the local plumb supply and made these extensions. I think it looks alright. PM you my address?

003-2.jpg

Hey rwingsfan Do you think some fine silk screen over the mesh would do the trick? I have a bunch of it if you want to give it a shot. Thats what I was thinkin about doin. PM me you address and I'll mail you some.

If you get the right ones they come with a fine gauze filter on them, I run them on my dellortos, fine gauze will keep out most things, the last stacks I bought came with 2 sets of gauze, one fine, the other would only keep out rocks:laugh:

Back