VIN search

AG650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how to do a VIN search to find the previous owner? I bought an untitled bike for cheap without a title.....the guy i bought it off of did the same and so on and so on....The bike only has 6000 miles on it so i couldnt pass it up even under the circumstances

Hi AG650,
here in Saskatchewan all you need to do is go to an SGI office (what we have instead of DMV) with a bill of sale and the bike's VIN and ask to register it. If the VIN ain't on SGI's list of stolen vehicles it's yours.
It may well be more difficult in Pa, this list is full of US registration horror stories.

Due to privacy laws it's really hard to find an owner through the VIN anymore. But talk to or look up your state's lost title regulations a few states will let you title from scratch.
Way way back we could go to the state DMV, they would wink and let me go in the records room and look up the owner from the license plate. Those were the days!

If it's in great condition, just find a titled bike, put all the good parts on the titled frame.
Leo

If it's in great condition, just find a titled bike, put all the good parts on the titled frame.
Leo

thats probably the route ill to be going.....minus disassembly and reassembly .....i might be doing a little grinding and stamping once i find a title lol

Back