For Sale - Vintage original 1979 XS-650 Special-II Chicago/Milwaukee

lsc86

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1979 Yamaha XS-650 Special-II, currently sits at 13,800 original miles, all stock, unmolested and unmodified. Brand new tires, brand new tubes, new rim strips, new front/rear sprockets, new o-ring chain (maybe 350 miles tops on all parts). Runs out very nice, noticeably quicker than the 1980+ units with 34mm carbs.

True vintage survivor, legit 2 owner bike. Have original bill of sale from 1979 that was included when I bought it from original owner. Clean title now in my name. Only mod is flatter CB/KZ style bars that replace the stock buckhorn bars, but I still have the factory buckhorn bars to go with it.

Original paint on tank and side panels. Clean tank internals. Chrome on chassis and spokes overall very nice. Seat/pan very clean. Far above average condition XS, no disappointments here. Definitely not a rat rod candidate. Jump on this bike and drive it cross country. Have it on CL for $2395, willing to negotiate in person, cash in hand.

Attachments

• 79_xs_front.jpg
    79_xs_front.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 79_xs_rear.jpg
    79_xs_rear.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 79_xs_rhside.jpg
    79_xs_rhside.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I am extremely interested in this bike...is it still available? I will be back in the states in a few weeks and would very much like to see this bike!

1979 Yamaha XS-650 Special-II, currently sits at 13,800 original miles, all stock, unmolested and unmodified. Brand new tires, brand new tubes, new rim strips, new front/rear sprockets, new o-ring chain (maybe 350 miles tops on all parts). Runs out very nice, noticeably quicker than the 1980+ units with 34mm carbs.

True vintage survivor, legit 2 owner bike. Have original bill of sale from 1979 that was included when I bought it from original owner. Clean title now in my name. Only mod is flatter CB/KZ style bars that replace the stock buckhorn bars, but I still have the factory buckhorn bars to go with it.

Original paint on tank and side panels. Clean tank internals. Chrome on chassis and spokes overall very nice. Seat/pan very clean. Far above average condition XS, no disappointments here. Definitely not a rat rod candidate. Jump on this bike and drive it cross country. Have it on CL for $2395, willing to negotiate in person, cash in hand.

looks good could you e mail a ph # so I could call and make arangments vincebedell@yahoo.com thx

Back