Vintage style tires

Off the subject a bit from vintage tires but I thought you might like to see the tire my buddy just took off his CBR 1000 Honda....he only got 3500 on it (barely) so we cut a hole in it to see what he was still riding on......he even wore the steel off in the middle....bet it wasn't 1/8" thick there....:yikes:

xsjohn

Attachments

• My Buddies Rear Tire.jpg
    My Buddies Rear Tire.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 266
What Sizes did you run with? I'm looking at some for my cafe and i want some oversize to fill up the stock rims on my '79. How have they treated you as far as riding also?

- - - My '75 project still has what appears to be the original front tire. I'd like to restore the bike as close as possible to how it would've rolled out of the showroom in 1975.
I'm wondering if anyone makes a vintage style tire? - - -

Hi scott,
interrupted rib front & block pattern rear, looks like originals?
Go with Avon Speedmaster MkII
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/avon-am6-speedmaster-mark-ii-front-tire.html
shows you the front. Click down to see the rear tire options.

Five years later? No problem. I actually put a set of Pirellis on the bike and have been very happy with them. Combined with the new shocks, swing arm bearings, neck bearings, fork springs, lighter weight etc. the bike handles great. Not like a new one but great. As they say, riding a slow bike fast is more fun than riding a fast bike slow. And this IS a slow bike.

Back