Visual Impact BRAT KITS

I do have a question pertaining to the post tho. If i use the shorter shocks ie rebel or the burly shocks with the vi kit do i absolutely have to lower the front end?
Has anybody not done this if so do you have pictures?

I would say just like the American Flag I wear everyday on my Military Uniform that the Flag never runs backwards but always forward into battle... Or when the picture was taken the wind just happened to be blowing that direction...

189884_1718614601025_3308243_n.jpg

On your other question you want the frame and engine as level as possible so that the oil pick up can do its job ( the oil pick up is located near the front of the engine ) ... If not the oil will seek out the lowest place to hide which is near the starter in the rear of the engine. I could be wrong and someone else will probably correct me on this one.

I hope that helps :)

Ive been charging into battle for years so it being backward could not be more fitting. Or it symbolizes a guy that made a mistake and had a image reversed by accident.

hmm i see what your sayin so next question is how much do i have to lower it would 2" be enough im a heavy dude and i dont want to eliminate all the travel out of the front tubes but i also want it to be correct soo sugestions? btw ty for your responses klown but more importantly thank you for your service

2 inches is about as much as I would lower your front forks. That will even things out enough and it will still allow plenty of travel if you are heavy. Look on my site at the Herve Vilachez bike in bike builds. That is 11 inch shocks with the mounting tabs up so its about the same as 10 1/2 inch shocks as far as ride and the forks are lowered 2 inches on that. Its pretty even looking IMHO. www.visualimpact2.com

hey i just ordered your prewelded kit im super stoked! i was looking in your site for a lowering kit but didnt see anything, do i have to order it through hughs handbuilt?

Just wanted to say thank you for such a great product and fast work. Ordered my kit the night of December 20th and it was at my door the morning of the 26th. I have parts I ordered that are supposed to be stock from other companies mid month that still are not here.

OUTSTANDING speed and quality. Look forward to working more with you in the future.

Just a bump and a huge thanks for all our great customers. We came out with our kit about 5 years ago . We were the first and our customers still think ours is the best. We have gone on to sell many many kits all over the world and you all have made them a huge success. We are currently still selling them in both the DIY and Pre built version. The same great kit at the exact same price we introduced them at. We have not raised the cost of the kit AT ALL since day one. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BUSINESS AND SUPPORT!!! Mike
12-Morgan-Phillips-Photography-Mike-Bikes104.jpg

Last edited:
Are you still making these kits VI? I was wondering if you made a straight seat rail kit instead of the curved profile? I inquired about this a while back. I finally found another frame so i am eager to get started.

Back