Voodoo Vintage: LONE WOLF frame for Brian Myrick (Canada)

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
Evening gents and ladies...

Finishing up a LONE WOLF frame (production #3) for Brian Myrick out of Canada. He ordered his frame November 26th! Since then, we've moved, produced six other frames, and I sustained one of those stupid back injuries helping a "friend" move a car frame in his shop. He's been "banned" from my shop until February!!! :thumbsup:

Brian is expecting his frame to show up in Michigan by January 9th so he can throw wheels on it and just drive it across the Canadian border... :laugh:

Everyone else who's ordered a frame knows that we've finished moving and setting up the new shop, so Voodoo Vintage is back in production mode!

In the mean time, we wanted to throw you some eye candy...

IMG_8046.jpg

By the way... We want to throw a huge THANKS to Kelsey Carter out of Ft. Worth, Texas for selling us a GREAT clean XS650 engine to use in our jig. It was in outstanding shape and only took a little cleaning!!!

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

I'm not sure how much this thing weighs exactly, but I'll tell you this- It's a HELL of a lot lighter than the complete engine!!! What a relief on my back!!!

IMG_8050.jpg

Damn thing even looks good upside down! The bike! Not me!!! I look terrible upside down!!!

IMG_8044.jpg

We would like to take one more opportunity to thank everyone for their business, support, and great comments. We're going to knock your socks off in 2012 man!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

By the way... This is embarrassing!!! This frame is actually for Michael Descamps not Brian Myrick!!! Brian is in South Carolina! Not Canada!!! Ooooops!!!

Even gutted, I bet that XS lump still weighs a metric ton. :p

Any idea what tank the buyer is going to run?

Yep... I would guess this thing is still over 70 lbs stripped down! You're definitely not going to "one-hand" it into the frame! I'd KILL for one of those resin castings!

I'm not sure about the tank yet. He's talking about fabricating his own flat-side version. We are STILL waiting on a bid from a deep-draw company for the side tins... I'm getting tired of waiting and might just press my own. If they take this long for an estimate, I'd hate to see how long they take after they have your money...

Yep... I would guess this thing is still over 70 lbs stripped down! You're definitely not going to "one-hand" it into the frame! I'd KILL for one of those resin castings!

I'm not sure about the tank yet. He's talking about fabricating his own flat-side version. We are STILL waiting on a bid from a deep-draw company for the side tins... I'm getting tired of waiting and might just press my own. If they take this long for an estimate, I'd hate to see how long they take after they have your money...

Fabricating fuel tanks interests me. I think it would be a blast to do some interesting designs. Get the molding hammers and the sand bags out, start banging out some steel. :thumbsup:

Fabricating fuel tanks interests me. I think it would be a blast to do some interesting designs. Get the molding hammers and the sand bags out, start banging out some steel. :thumbsup:

Ha ha... I have the sand-bags up on a shelf right now. The problem is I'm not consistent enough to "mass produce" tanks for the LONE WOLF by hand. I'd have to press the side tins to assure consistency and then fit the rest. The tank designed for this frame is not too complicated, but it's just one of those "time" things that's eating my lunch...

Ya, consistency would be a problem. That kind of work is more of a one off application. The kind of stuff that makes people go how the heck did he do that. :laugh:

Had these pictures on another thread, but thought I'd post them here since they belong to this particular frame.

This is what's going on underneath the seat post! I don't think your A$$ is going anywhere...

IMG_8051.jpg

And a shot of the head tube...

IMG_8052.jpg

Sorry for the "grunge" in the photos. The joints have not been hit with Scotchbright yet...

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

You guys aint kidding about how much that motor weighs. Next time Ill wait for help...

Slick looking frame man, Id clear coat it. Love how it looks.

I know these frames haven't been around long, but has anyone seen a completed bike yet?
Jefft

Back