Voodoo Vintage: MK6 is here!

BTW - one nice feature of the Lone Wolf it looks like is the ability to remove the XS head without pulling the engine. Still pisses me off that I have to pull my engine out of the frame to get the top end off (at least I think it pisses me off - you have to do that right? Seems to me I've tried).

I've always missed my CB550 which I was able to completely rebuild in the frame.

David - any concerns with leaving out the top engine mounts?

BTW - one nice feature of the Lone Wolf it looks like is the ability to remove the XS head without pulling the engine. Still pisses me off that I have to pull my engine out of the frame to get the top end off (at least I think it pisses me off - you have to do that right? Seems to me I've tried).

I've always missed my CB550 which I was able to completely rebuild in the frame.

David - any concerns with leaving out the top engine mounts?

I'm genuinely interested in one of these frames for my next build and the top mount was something I was going to talk to David about via e mail/pm as i really would like to put one in, if it could be done without killing the looks.

Last edited:
Hey guys... Thanks for all the great comments on the new frame! Getting the freaking carbs off was one thing... Taking the heads off without a total dismount, well... That's another thing all together!!! Honestly, I didn't design her to accommodate that, but it damn well might be possible! :shrug:

As far as the top engine damper, We can easily fabricate one should you use a split-tank. However, because we are not sure about the final tank assembly, we are offering it as-is for the time being. It would be simple enough to use your original mounts and cut a plate that would be hidden by the gas tank, but I ran a couple XS's with no top damper and I really didn't feel much difference. Then again... Mine wasn't TURBO CHARGED either! (hmph.... MONSTER!!!)

I haven't done a thorough search, but are there any mechanical draw-backs to not running the top damper? Let me know if anyone has heard of anything and I'll come up with a fix really quick!

You can Also Check out the Blog!

http://blog.monstercraftsman.com/

403879_260610314005532_100001696962490_664150_2101608449_n.jpg

shredderslairbefore.jpg

Hey Jon... I can't seem to pull up the blog! It's giving me a bad URL...

As far as the top engine damper, We can easily fabricate one should you use a split-tank. However, because we are not sure about the final tank assembly, we are offering it as-is for the time being. It would be simple enough to use your original mounts and cut a plate that would be hidden by the gas tank, but I ran a couple XS's with no top damper and I really didn't feel much difference. Then again... Mine wasn't TURBO CHARGED either! (hmph.... MONSTER!!!)

I haven't done a thorough search, but are there any mechanical draw-backs to not running the top damper? Let me know if anyone has heard of anything and I'll come up with a fix really quick!

I was thinking about how much extra vibration there would be without a top mount and the potential for the engine to be moving around a little more without a top mount in place. As you say, it wouldn't be to much work to retro fit one if it was required.

I've had my top mount off since the beginning of last riding season. The vibrations are still the same and there going to be that's just how these motor act when it's steel against steel. The fix to that is water jet new mounts all around and make the holes the size you need to run Harley motor mount bushings I can promise the vibrations will be all but gone and for the guys who don't have access to a water jet grab some 1/4 inch steel cut it and start drilling.

Does anyone else have a project using this frame? I didnt want to go hard tail but considering cost it works out about the same as what i wanted to do originally. Hopfully someone out there likes the look of these as much as i do and has had the time to take advantage of it. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

Also, since its a board track inspired frame has anyone considered using larger wheels in front and back like 21/21 or 23/23?

Hey Adrenaline-Junkie! I have my neck tube in to David and I'm on the list for The mk6 a frame. If you go to facebook and look up Voodoo Vintage you will see a recent post with 21's front and back. Good luck with your build!

Thanks, i actually follow your facebook page and saw it there. Any idea on what the price is gonna be on them?

I'm calculating including the filler caps, equalizer ports, and petcock bungs...

18ga mild steel (powder coated black): $425/pair
12ga aluminum (raw finish): $475/pair
20ga stainless (raw finish): $525/pair

Back