Voodoo Vintage: SUICIDE frame for Mr. David Roberts!!!

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
Hey all!

Mr. David Roberts will be receiving his frame very soon! This is the first production frame to come out of our new little facility located on McNeil Road in Austin, Texas.

Can't comment how much we needed the space!!!

Here's some pics of the frame:

IMG_8006.jpg

This is another view of the frame on the jig. We now have a separate room for the frame fabrication and CNC plasma table. We'll be adding two more jigs very soon!

IMG_8007.jpg

Here's a close up of our custom neck tube that we fabricate in-house. It's designed with the original XS650 neck tube dimensions, but can accept tapered bearings as well...

IMG_8008.jpg

Here's a couple more shots:

IMG_8014.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

And here's a few shots of various details...

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

Hope you send in some final photos Dave! We're all waiting to see what you do with this frame brotha! :thumbsup:

Do you have a timeframe on the Lone Wolf frame yet?

We are fabricating THREE of the LONE WOLF frames at the moment. One of them will be featured by Monstercraftsman sporting his new Turbo-Charges XS650 engine!!!

I'll be posting fabrication photos very soon!

We are fabricating THREE of the LONE WOLF frames at the moment. One of them will be featured by Monstercraftsman sporting his new Turbo-Charges XS650 engine!!!

I'll be posting fabrication photos very soon!

Well, if you want to sell one, shoot me a PM. I have a set of 23's and a old web girder just waiting for a frame....

looks great asked the wife for a monstercraftsman gift card for christmas. Hope to go this route with my next build

Very nice. Congratulations on the new shop. I love the extra carb space!

Posted via Mobile

looks great asked the wife for a monstercraftsman gift card for christmas. Hope to go this route with my next build

Ask Jon over at Monstercraftsman about his "group picture" he's putting on the gift cards!!! :laugh:

The LONE WOLF frames are being ordered like hotdogs at a vendor's cart!!! I'm backed up about four to six weeks as we speak, but there's always a little "rush" when a new frame design is released...

Thank you for the great compliments!

Very nice. Congratulations on the new shop. I love the extra carb space!

Posted via Mobile

It's a great design element. It was conceived during the production of the Suzuki Savage frame because of the single carb that sticks straight out of the back of the head!

Thank you for the great compliments by the way... The new shop is awesome!!!

Looks great. Great welds, but the name is cliche, no? Give a thing of beauty a proper name...

Reminds me of old layback seatposts on the old GTs and Hutches. A year ago I ordered a David Bird hardtail since it reminded me of the trickstars and SE racing bikes... you are on to something sick.

I'm no professional welder, but is it just me or do the welds look kinda cold and undercut in some areas?

I'm no professional welder, but is it just me or do the welds look kinda cold and undercut in some areas?

The fillet welds on the compound joints and the through-tubes may appear undercut, but I'm actually welding the tubing from the inside out. I extend my tungsten and start with a root pass well on the interior of the joints. We assure full penetration and fusion without too much overlay.

I'll post pictures of the joints after being prepped and before welding. You'll probably see what I'm talking about...

The fillet welds on the compound joints and the through-tubes may appear undercut, but I'm actually welding the tubing from the inside out. I extend my tungsten and start with a root pass well on the interior of the joints. We assure full penetration and fusion without too much overlay.

I'll post pictures of the joints after being prepped and before welding. You'll probably see what I'm talking about...

Understood! Frame looks great by the way.

those are some solid welds there! I rather like to see full penetration on a bike frame, than cosmetics, IMO!

With a good powdercoat job, those will look dope.

Thanks guys! Yeah... After powdercoating or painting, the welds just kind of disappear unfortunately.

The guys over at Brass Balls Bobbers really lay a nice stack of dimes! They are so proud of their beads that they clear powder coat their frames. And rightfully so!!! Their welds are works of art!

Once I get some good techniques for working around my rotisserie jig, maybe I'll be clear-coating my welds... :laugh:

Back