Wanted - WANTED - XS1-B SWINGARM BOLT, SPACER TUBE AND END CAPS

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all - well after much adoo, substantial heat and some inappropriate verbal assistance, I had to cut the swingarm axel out of my bike. The axel and tube were rust welded together and it was obvious that I would have NEVER been able to extract it in one piece. Seems the previous owner thought grease was a dangerous substance to be avoided at all costs.
Plan was to fit bronze bushes, but now it involves many more new parts as well as the bushes.
So if someone out there has a decent swingarm axle, nut, sleeve and end caps to suit my XS1-B please contact me and Ill be happy to pay your price. I believe that the later bikes use a larger diameter bolt so those parts wont fit.
In in Canader, eh.......Edmonton Alberta T6M 2Y9 for calculating postage.
Thanks
the-oz-slider

You can have my old XS1B swingarm bushing parts, circled in green, plus the plastic bushings (not shown).
XS1B-SwingarmBushings-2019_12(1).jpg

Edit: Here's a pic including the plastic bushings.
XS1B-SwingarmBushings-2019_00(1).jpg

From this, starting at post #34.
http://www.xs650.com/threads/instal...and-setting-sideplay.51077/page-2#post-583108

Last edited:
I sent a clutch pushrod to Calgary about 3 years ago, 9 day trip, $11 USD.
The mail ladies said it could be done "next day" for $68 USD. :yikes:

This will be in a same size box, but about a pound or two heavier. Dunno if that matters?

PM me with your full address.
I'll box up the old XS1B parts and send them out.
Then I'll let you know of the cost, tracking #, and my PayPal...

Hey all - well after much adoo, substantial heat and some inappropriate verbal assistance, I had to cut the swingarm axel out of my bike. The axel and tube were rust welded together and it was obvious that I would have NEVER been able to extract it in one piece. Seems the previous owner thought grease was a dangerous substance to be avoided at all costs.
Plan was to fit bronze bushes, but now it involves many more new parts as well as the bushes.
So if someone out there has a decent swingarm axle, nut, sleeve and end caps to suit my XS1-B please contact me and Ill be happy to pay your price. I believe that the later bikes use a larger diameter bolt so those parts wont fit.
In in Canader, eh.......Edmonton Alberta T6M 2Y9 for calculating postage.
Thanks
the-oz-slider
saw you are looking for a swing arm, you found one already?

Back