Wanted - Wanted xs650 in Alberta

AemonBlackfyre

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to pick up an XS650 in Alberta, Canada and not seeing anything amazing showing up on kijiji for the last couple of weeks so im trying here also. Let me know what you have. I dont mind doing some leg work if its near running condition.
I need a bike that isn't cut up or hard tailed or just a pile of random boxes of parts sitting with a frame. That holds no value to me. Basically a 77+(ideally) stockish bike would be my perfect starting point for an xs

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. I did check that ad out and it's being considered but im waiting to hear back about one tomorrow from someone who replied to the WTB xs650 ad I had posted on Kijiji. He's supposed to send me some pictures and more info tomorrow and then I'll likely be making a decision from there. The one I'm waiting for pictures on won't be as clean as that one I don't think but I'll post pics on here when I get them to see what people think

Thanks. I did check that ad out and it's being considered but im waiting to hear back about one tomorrow from someone who replied to the WTB xs650 ad I had posted on Kijiji. He's supposed to send me some pictures and more info tomorrow and then I'll likely be making a decision from there. The one I'm waiting for pictures on won't be as clean as that one I don't think but I'll post pics on here when I get them to see what people think
O.K. Hope it all goes well and You get Yourself a gem.

Honestly I want to buy a bike that can be a good new project without being too much work. I just finished a project car this year and need something new to start tinkering around with. Either way I need to pick one up soon as the summer is fading and I want to enjoy having a bike again

I understand that. What make and model of car did You complete? The bike sure is easier room wise in a garage.
I'm finishing tank paint at present on a vintage MX Yam TT540 and into an RD400 frame up resto that should keep me busy over the winter.

I've had an 1989 skyline gtst since 2004 and I've just got it to where I'm happy. It's had a full repaint and I built an RB25 with a smaller turbo for good streetable hp. Turbo is a garrett gtx3076r with oversized CP pistons, Manley rods and ported head etc. Basically just for good reliable street driving so I can keep the car for another 15 years
A garage is mandatory as far as I'm concerned and I'm pretty lucky to live rurally and have a ~35x60' Quonset for a shop space.
It sounds like you stick to one brand? I'm very similar. Only owned Nissan/Infiniti all my life and Yamaha for bikes/quads haha

Last edited:
I've had an 1989 skyline gtst since 2004 and I've just got it to where I'm happy. It's had a full repaint and I built an RB25 with a smaller turbo for good streetable hp. Turbo is a garrett gtx3076r with oversized CP pistons, Manley rods and ported head etc. Basically just for good reliable street driving so I can keep the car for another 15 years
A garage is mandatory as far as I'm concerned and I'm pretty lucky to live rurally and have a ~35x60' Quonset for a shop space.
It sounds like you stick to one brand? I'm very similar. Only owned Nissan/Infiniti all my life and Yamaha for bikes/quads haha

very nice. not a big car knowledge guy, but do know they have cult staus as THE tuner car that seemed to
start laptop horsepower culture. Sounds like You've done your best to make it bomb-proof. good idea.
Yep last few years it's been mostly yam's.

Back