Wassell tank and engine mount

bswinn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I bought a Hugh's Handbuilt top motor mount. It's a huge improvement over the stock one.

I'm looking at purchasing a Wassell tank from TCBrothers. I like how the high tunnel version sits on the frame as I've seen in pictures but every one I've seen goes without a top motor mount. I know the stock mount hits the tank, but what about Hugh's?

Yes, I read that on both websites. The problem is that it does not specify which style of Wassell since there are 3 styles on TCBrothers. The High, Mid, and Low tunnels version. I think they say the Wassell tank will fit width-wise if you use Hugh's mount but nothing is said about depth-wise.

I purchased the high tunnel wassell tank and HHB motor mounts from TC Bros. It fit but I had to grind down the bolt heads and nuts on the two bolts that attach the mount to the frame. Otherwise everything fit.

I purchased the high tunnel wassell tank and HHB motor mounts from TC Bros. It fit but I had to grind down the bolt heads and nuts on the two bolts that attach the mount to the frame. Otherwise everything fit.

I had to the same thing...

So I bought a Hugh's Handbuilt top motor mount. It's a huge improvement over the stock one.

I'm looking at purchasing a Wassell tank from TCBrothers. I like how the high tunnel version sits on the frame as I've seen in pictures but every one I've seen goes without a top motor mount. I know the stock mount hits the tank, but what about Hugh's?

Hugh says on his website under the motor mounts that it works with high tunnel wassell tanks, you just have to use jam nuts without washers and grind off the excess bolt after installing it.

Back