Weird whirring noise xs1

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all, been out of circulation for a while…story in itself, but when riding my sons green XS1 (vin 256) it has a weird whirring noise mainly from the left hand side. It runs great although-running out of puff at about 60 mph ……
Id read somewhere a long time ago that this engine is prone to main bearing or flywheel slip or some such malady. Can some help/enlighten me please and thanks
Al
The Oz Slider

Hey all, been out of circulation for a while…story in itself, but when riding my sons green XS1 (vin 256) it has a weird whirring noise mainly from the left hand side. It runs great although-running out of puff at about 60 mph ……
Id read somewhere a long time ago that this engine is prone to main bearing or flywheel slip or some such malady. Can some help/enlighten me please and thanks
Al
The Oz Slider
I would check and see if the rotor is rubbing the left cover.

There's a whirring noise associated with the crankshaft scissoring (bending) itself... but that's mostly confined to the electric start bikes... XS2 and up. Any chance of a video of the sound?

There's a whirring noise associated with the crankshaft scissoring (bending) itself... but that's mostly confined to the electric start bikes... XS2 and up. Any chance of a video of the sound?
I’ll work on a video tomorrow thanks
Al
I would check and see if the rotor is rubbing the left cover.
thanks I’ll check that …

Back