Welder questions and needed in Madison Area, Wisconsin

atomic22

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all
I'm looking for someone to do some minor fabricating to my bike. There are two welders/fabricators near me, but they work on farm equipment.
So my question is do I go to someone who hasn't worked on a bike before, or should I find someplace that works on bikes?
Either way can anyone recommend a quality welder in the Madison, WI area?
Thanks
:thumbsup:

I would think you may save some cash going with the guys who weld farm equipment vice a "custom motorcycle fabricators".

The madison area is thick with competent welders. If you can see the work the nearby welders have done no reason not to use them. Since you want light welding (minor fabrication) any small tig or MIG machine can do the work. so ask around the neighborhood or craigslist you will most likely find what you need close by.

Thanks guys for the input.

gggGary, I would ask around the neighborhood, except that I am the only person in my neighborhood, who even changes is own oil. It's really pathetic. I'm known as, "the guy who works on bikes".

I eventually want to learn how to weld and have my own equipment, but at this time it's just not feasible.

I ain't no weldin expert, but have a mig and I'm not afraid to use it. pm if you want to tempt fate.

Let me know what works for you if you decide to try it. Not during the day on Saturday but other times are usually open.

Back